Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean Golyer
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Check out my band: Oak Pantheon
mbmbmbmbmb
Can somebody explain the Strike Rating of the Russian Tu-95? It's simply printed as "**" with no number there. This normally implies "long range" on most counters for Air-to-Air combat, and I know that "*" next to a Strike Rating means they have Stand-off capabilities to avoid AAA fire. But the "**" where the Strike Rating normally is is throwing me for a loop, on top of the fact that it has no Strike Rating number. With its Air-to-Air rating of (0) and Combat Support rating of 0... what purpose does this aircraft serve? Haven't found it called out in the GSR just yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gaz Man
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As i understand it the tu-95 and tu-22 can be used to deliver 1 cruise missile per plane per game turn

Its the same with B52's

Aywhere on the strategic or operational map - ie its long range

Gary
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Land
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct. They're used to launch Cruise Missiles. I thought that the value was explained somewhere, but, apparently, it isn't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Golyer
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I presume that is in addition to the cruise missile points you have? IE: it does not consume a cruise missile point? Or does it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Land
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ThronewolfMN wrote:
I presume that is in addition to the cruise missile points you have? IE: it does not consume a cruise missile point? Or does it?

It always consumes a CM point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Shelton
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
Toadkillerdog wrote:
ThronewolfMN wrote:

It always consumes a CM point.
It lets you fire that cruise missile point anywhere on the map, unlike the land-based launchers (i.e., you can strike Naval units in the North Sea).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Golyer
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome, thanks everyone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Land
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ThronewolfMN wrote:
Awesome, thanks everyone!

Check out the NWP_TheaterWeapons Play Aid also. It's available in the Files here and also in the Support Site folder for NWP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.