Subject: Initial Seeds rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bee Tso
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
Just played the game for the first time and this might be mentioned else where. For the initial 2 seeds in the available area after setup, once they are put on the main board and grown into a small tree, do they go back to the available area or out of the game?

I know that any additional seed I buy from the player board will go back on there after use. Just wasn't sure about the first 2 seeds.

Thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Wise
United States
Tupelo
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They go back to your player board to the lowest highest possible empty space. If your player board doesn't have an empty space, the seed goes out of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Hulek
United States
Galloway
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Paul,

I just want to be sure. The seed is not returned to the "top most spot on a player's board"? I thought the trees and seeds are always placed in this fashion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Wise
United States
Tupelo
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You buy your seeds and trees from the bottom of the board to the top. The bottom-most seeds and trees cost less than the topmost trees. Anytime you remove something from the board, be it a tree or seed, you place it back on the top-most free space you have on your player board. If you don't have a free space for that particular seed or tree, it goes back to the box and is removed from play for the rest of the game.
Edit:
Thanks, Wayne. I re-read my previous post and did indeed type the wrong thing even though I was thinking the right thing. I must have been thinking that you start at the top of the corresponding column and place the tree or seed back on your player board in the lowest possible available spot in that column. I guess it all depends on your frame of reference. I likely wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't asked. I've edited my previous post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Hulek
United States
Galloway
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Paul. We are getting ready to play this for the first time tonight and I just wanted to make sure I understood everything. Happy New Year and thank you kindly for helping us all out!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Wise
United States
Tupelo
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I strongly suggest playing this on a Lazy Susan if you have one. I won't play this game without it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quinn Swanger
United States
Holly Springs
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aspiringloser wrote:
I strongly suggest playing this on a Lazy Susan if you have one. I won't play this game without it.

Why? What's the benefit? The only thing that rotates is the sliver of sun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Der Einsielder
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
qswanger wrote:
aspiringloser wrote:

Why? What's the benefit? The only thing that rotates is the sliver of sun.

May be exactly this is his problem?
He always wants to sit behind the sun an observe things from sun position?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.