Pendragon: The Fall of Roman Britain» Forums » Rules

Subject: Ransom Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Hatch
United States
California
flag msg tools
My read of the Ransom rule is for each region where a Raid command actually places raiders, and has a stronghold, the Scotti player can make a single ransom attempt (even if there are multiple strongholds in the region).

For example, if the Scotti player successfully places 1+ raiders in three regions in a turn, and each region had a 1+ strongholds, the Scotti player could make 3 total ransom attempts (one per region) that turn.

Note 3 of Ransom rule 4.5.3 states: "Only one stronghold can be targeted by Ransom per region and per feat."

I assume the intent of Note 3 is to limit each eligible region to a single Ransom attempt and not to limit the number of Ransom attempts to one per turn (i.e. a feat performed in 3 regions is considered 3 separate feats, and not a single feat performed in 3 regions).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P. Fowler
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
We provide...
badge
The rich and powerful take what they want. We steal it back for you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you can choose multiple Regions but only one Stronghold per Region. The faction aid says "Select all Regions" and has no max space limit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgane Gouyon-Rety
Canada
Montreal
QC
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, your interpretation is correct: you may make a Ransom roll in every qualifying Region. If a qualifying Region holds 2 Strongholds belonging to different factions, you choose which one would be Ransomed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Barry
United States
Williamsburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Resource Conversion Is My Trigger Word!
mbmbmbmbmb
So the Scotti may Ransom the same faction that they Battle on the same turn? Are the Scotti less honorable than the FARC? For shame!shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgane Gouyon-Rety
Canada
Montreal
QC
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Bald Terror wrote:
So the Scotti may Ransom the same faction that they Battle on the same turn? Are the Scotti less honorable than the FARC? For shame!shake
For sure they can! Just shrewder businessmen ;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.