Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Tenkatoitsu» Forums » Rules

Subject: Nagakute scenario: question on turn entry of off-map Tokugawa clans rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
hi,
Tokugawa clans A, B and C start off-map and may enter the game starting from turn 3 on as per paragraph 20.3.

As per paragraph 9.1 (Delay Phase) "Clans which were assigned a tactic and off-map clans are automatically put on the '1' box of the delay track"

My question is: When Do I put Tokugawa clans A, B and C on the '1' turn of the delay track?

CASE A: I would put them on the delay phase at the start of turn 3. If that is the case, it means that they cannot enter game before turn 4 (at best). The will strangely never enter the game on Turn 3 in any case.

CASE B:: The other option is that at the start of turn 3 I could spend some CP and put some of the clan chits (including off map clans A,B and C) directly into the bowl so that they might enter the game in turn 3.

But the last option is in contradiction with the phase sequence:

1)Delay phase
2)Command Point Determination Phase
3)Battle Plan activation phase
3)Activation chits selection phase and preparation of the bowl

The reason why is that first I follow phase '1' and then phase '2'. So I cannot wait phase 2 and the determine which clan goes into the bowl and which goes on the '1' delay box.

Where am I wrong?

thanks

Raimondo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois Vander Meulen
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Case B is right. The delay phase only concerns the chits that were left in the bowl at the end of the preceding turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi Francois,
I'm a little bit confused because in the par.9.1 (Delay phase) there is an Exception:

"Exception: activation chits of Clans which were assigned a tactic and of off-map clans are automatically placed on the "1" box of the delay track"

So It seems that clan A, B and C (that are off-map clans) would go on the "1" box of the delay track"

can you elaborate on that please?

tks

Raimondo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois Vander Meulen
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
9.1. Delay phase :
Clan activation chits remaining in the Bowl from the previous turn must be removed from the Bowl. For each chit, roll 1D6 on the Messengers Table, and apply the result (Exception: activation chits of Clans which were assigned a tactic and of off-map Clans are automatically placed on the ‘1’ box of the Delay Track).

This whole rule including the exceptions, concerns the Clan activation chits remaining in the Bowl from the previous turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
many thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Carlos Gonzalez
msg tools
mb
Efvehem wrote:
9.1. Delay phase :
Clan activation chits remaining in the Bowl from the previous turn must be removed from the Bowl. For each chit, roll 1D6 on the Messengers Table, and apply the result (Exception: activation chits of Clans which were assigned a tactic and of off-map Clans are automatically placed on the ‘1’ box of the Delay Track).

This whole rule including the exceptions, concerns the Clan activation chits remaining in the Bowl from the previous turn.

It's true, plus, that rule goes on saying:
"Then, place all Clan chits from the ‘1’ box of the Delay Track into the Bowl, and slide all other Clan chits one box down the Delay Track."
Therefore, I understand that these activation counters are entered into the bowl in the "Delay phase" of turn 3 at no cost in CP and can be activated in the same turn.
Moreover, Rule 9.3 insists on the same thing:
"If the Clan chit belongs to an off-map Clan[12] or has been assigned a
tactic[10.3], place the chit directly in the Bowl."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois Vander Meulen
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are right : at no cost in CP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grayson
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
"Goes to show, you don't ever know, Watch each card you play and play it slow..."
badge
Charles Stoddart (artwork from Pax Pamir 2e)
mbmbmbmbmb
On a related subject, where have we missed what the entry hexside calculation is for clans moving onto the map in T3? Is it 2mp, 1mp, or 0?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Deniaud
France
flag msg tools
mbmb
I would be 0.5MP because you enter in March on a road.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grayson
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
"Goes to show, you don't ever know, Watch each card you play and play it slow..."
badge
Charles Stoddart (artwork from Pax Pamir 2e)
mbmbmbmbmb
grego8 wrote:
I would be 0.5MP because you enter in March on a road.

I just realized that I'd forgotten that the road makes everything a 0.5MP so it's moot, my bad. Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.