Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Hazlewood
United Kingdom
Calne
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everybody. I guess this is slightly heretical for a crayon rail game, but I recently picked up a copy second hand. The game's in condition but the crayon doesn't really stand out on the board. Has anybody use dry erasable pens instead? Obviously the pen marks need to come off perfectly.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Håkan König
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sneakypete21 wrote:
Hi everybody. I guess this is slightly heretical for a crayon rail game, but I recently picked up a copy second hand. The game's in condition but the crayon doesn't really stand out on the board. Has anybody use dry erasable pens instead? Obviously the pen marks need to come off perfectly.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
Yes, I've used dry-erase (whiteboard) markers on both Russian Rails and Iron Dragon. Get the ones with a thin point and it works very well. I think there is a couple of similar discussions in the Empire Builder Rail Games forums if you check there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Walker
United States
Chuluota
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To summarize other discussions that I read when I was in a similar situation:

1) dry-erase markers will eventually stain the board
2) wet-erase markers are used by some people
3) dry-erase crayons are a good option (Crayola brand available at Walmart in the USA).

I went with dry-erase crayons. They are cheap, easy to find and give good results.

Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hazlewood
United Kingdom
Calne
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wwalker98 wrote:
To summarize other discussions that I read when I was in a similar situation:

1) dry-erase markers will eventually stain the board
2) wet-erase markers are used by some people
3) dry-erase crayons are a good option (Crayola brand available at Walmart in the USA).

I went with dry-erase crayons. They are cheap, easy to find and give good results.

Good luck!

Thanks both for your input. I went in search and found the thread about dry-erase crayons and ordered some earlier. Not quite as cheap as in the US but not bad. I look forward to playing with them, as long as they arrive one day before the final estimated delivery date of 15th January. I've booked in a play on 14th!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.