Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nigel Clarke
England
Dursley
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game's tough enough without this mistake!

Somehow, I thought that only the bottom part of the spell card could be used at night, therefore to use it you needed black mana as well as the basic mana.
I've just re-watched Ricky Royal's play through and noticed he used Wings of Wind at night! Checked the rule book and lo and behold he's right!

I thought I'd post this in the unlikely event that someone else has made the same mistake as me.

Just to be clear of my mistake, I thought that the top half of the spell was used only in the day, and the bottom half only in the night.
Actually, the bottom half can only be used in the night (this I knew) but the top half can be used in the night also.

Edited for clarity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vadim Golembo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh that learning curve...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piotr
Poland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
You can't use black mana during day generally
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/836332/gold-vs-black-mana

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Arnold
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm totally confused. What mistake did you make and what is in the rulebook?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zeus Cat

Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jdarnold wrote:
I'm totally confused. What mistake did you make and what is in the rulebook?

It confused me too, but I think they mean that you can use the top part of the spell at night if you don't want to use the bottom part.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yes, you (normally) can't use black during day, so you can't use the lower part of spells. But during the night you are allowed to use either effect you can pay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I would not know where you get the idea the basic effect cannot be used at night. Just for the strong one you always need black mana, that obviously restricts you to night rules.

I am putting that bold here just to stress that this is not 100% tied to day or night. You can use the stronger effect of spells in dungeons, for example, even at day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Clarke
England
Dursley
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cityofsolitude wrote:
Well, I would not know where you get the idea the basic effect cannot be used at night. Just for the strong one you always need black mana, that obviously restricts you to night rules.

I am putting that bold here just to stress that this is not 100% tied to day or night. You can use the stronger effect of spells in dungeons, for example, even at day.

I don't know where I got the idea from either!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.