Subject: With or without Malleus rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mario
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
The worst pirate I've ever seen
mbmbmbmb
I've played two game with and two games without Malleus expansion. I know it's not enough to compare but - the board seemed to be kind of blocked with Malleus expansion after setup. When it came to gameplay, it was quite difficult to play a card and make any reasonable move with tiles.
On the other hand without Malleus expansion we had much more space for tile movement.
Is it always like that or was it just coincidence?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Sacchi
Italy
SUNO
Unspecified
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, did you remove the tiles that must be removed? It's explained in the first step of the set up phase on page 16.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Mariov wrote:
Hello, did you remove the tiles that must be removed? It's explained in the first step of the set up phase on page 16.

I did.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Sacchi
Italy
SUNO
Unspecified
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So that's quite strange... I never noticed a big difference, actually...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Mariov wrote:
So that's quite strange... I never noticed a big difference, actually...

Maybe coincidence then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Well, another game. In the picture you can see that both players have built nice paths to their books. Still each player has 4 tiles to place. As there was no reason to use them to build the path to books anymore, we used them somehow to block opponent's tiles to prevent them from being moved closer or placed them just for now reason.
Result: we mostly played cards just to do something, without any real strategic purpose, just to get acolytes moving.
Are we missing something?

As I mentioned before, first two games without Malleus were great. With Malleus we are getting this. Will have to try to play without Malleus one more time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
OK, another game without Malleus. We had great game again, enough space on the board and many strategic moves.
Now I wonder how base game would play with Black Monk but without Malleus tiles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
OK, another game with Malleus again. Looks like as we become more experienced, the game is better and better. Actually last game was pretty fun.
I'm so glad we've got it work.
Well, my answer to the post subject: With Malleus Maleficarum! Great game! thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Sacchi
Italy
SUNO
Unspecified
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
enzoone wrote:
Well, another game. In the picture you can see that both players have built nice paths to their books. Still each player has 4 tiles to place. As there was no reason to use them to build the path to books anymore, we used them somehow to block opponent's tiles to prevent them from being moved closer or placed them just for now reason.
Result: we mostly played cards just to do something, without any real strategic purpose, just to get acolytes moving.
Are we missing something?

Normally, moving the tiles allow the Acolytes to reach the books faster than simply walking of them. This means you can both move the tile on which there is the Acolyte (but it's expensive) or the one where there is the book.

enzoone wrote:

As I mentioned before, first two games without Malleus were great. With Malleus we are getting this. Will have to try to play without Malleus one more time.

In 2 players both the versions work very well IMHO. In 3 or 4 I think Malleus is better

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.