10 Posts

Warhammer Underworlds: Shadespire» Forums » General

Subject: Why not place objectives in the back? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Persson
Denmark
flag msg tools
This is probably a silly question, but when placing objectives is there any motivation for not just placing objectives as far away from your opponent as you can?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
esqulax wrote:
This is probably a silly question, but when placing objectives is there any motivation for not just placing objectives as far away from your opponent as you can?

It's not that easy to do. You can't place them on starting hexes, incomplete hexes, blocked hexes, the outermost complete hexes (edge hexes), or any hex within two hexes of another objective.

The best place for objectives depends on your strategy, and how you've built your deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Christensen
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:

The best place for objectives depends on your strategy, and how you've built your deck.

This. When playing my “I don’t want any one on objectives Khorne deck” I’ll shove the objectives as far away from the fight as possible. This is also good if you’re playing keep away Stormcast. But if you’re aggressive and want objectives placing them closer to the middle is probably better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobb Beauchamp
United States
Volo
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Several reasons:

You're a killy warband, and you want to draw the other guy out by placing objectives on your side, but within easy reach of your opponent.

You're a killy warband but also want to score some easy Glory with an objective, so place it close to the killing zone so your fighter doesn't miss all the action by taking the objective.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Off The Shelf Board Game Reviews
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
esqulax wrote:

It's not that easy to do. You can't place them on starting hexes, incomplete hexes, blocked hexes, the outermost complete hexes (edge hexes), or any hex within two hexes of another objective.

Last one can go on an Edge Hex. Just in case anyone reads this and forgets the rule. I know you know it but for anyone else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raf Cordero
United States
Bolingbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kingbobb wrote:

You're a killy warband but also want to score some easy Glory with an objective, so place it close to the killing zone so your fighter doesn't miss all the action by taking the objective.

This is a big one. Pile them all in your opponent's side so you don't have to delay bringing someone into the fight!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nailer
msg tools
captainraffi wrote:
kingbobb wrote:

This is a big one. Pile them all in your opponent's side so you don't have to delay bringing someone into the fight!

But you can only place them on your side of the board...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
nailernforce wrote:
captainraffi wrote:
kingbobb wrote:

That's not what the rules say. You can place objectives anywhere on the battlefield (subject to the restrictions stated in the rules, of course).

(Edited for clarity. Because I need coffee.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nailer
msg tools
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
nailernforce wrote:
captainraffi wrote:
kingbobb wrote:

That's not what the rules say. You can place objectives anywhere on the battlefield (subject to the restrictions stated in the rules, of course).

(Edited for clarity. Because I need coffee.)

Huh. I've only played two games, so I must have misremembered that rule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raf Cordero
United States
Bolingbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It feels counter intuitive, especially since both Starter Decks include so many Hold Objective cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.