Subject: Seems a lot like 13 days. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Bosmans
Belgium
Mechelen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After viewing the play through and components it seems this game pulled a lot of the mechanics of 13 Days: The Cuban Missile Crisis, but with more playing pieces and twists.

Now this is not really a bad thing, as I like playing 13 days with my wife or son.

As they really hate playing long games.

Anyone else noticed this ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I read this on it by way of some other posts (thanks TimTix and jrtracy).
MarkHerman wrote:
I like to think that Fort Sumter is a full circle design as 13 Days is a Twilight Struggle engine reuse and Twilight Struggle is a CDG engine. So where does it all begin.

Fort Sumter is actually using the For The People Engine as I do not have any DefCon tracks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe
United States
Shoreview
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mark Herman noted in a post that he was inspired by a fast playing version of Twilight Struggle. This is kind of how wargaming goes though. It's a constant, growing conversation of mechanics. And I'm guessing Mark has found some kick-ass things to say of his own devising. Love 13 days. Am sure I will love Fort Sumter as well.

-Edit- I should never post before 8am. So many typos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.