Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ilja Preuß
Germany
Karlsruhe
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played Onirim hundreds of times, mostly in the app, but also physically, with all expansions. I still can't think of a single reason to keep a hammerbird. What am I missing???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Comboteur "Crazed 'Beastface' Survivor" Fou
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't remember what it does, can you remind us please?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ilja Preuß
Germany
Karlsruhe
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure!

Quote:
discard the last card played in your Labyrinth row along with all the cards of the same color played immediately before it. discard the hammer Bird.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ipreuss wrote:
Sure!

Quote:
discard the last card played in your Labyrinth row along with all the cards of the same color played immediately before it. discard the hammer Bird.

Great, thanks.
I've never used it myself but I can see how interesting it can be if you start with a series of 2 and then are forced into another colour due to not having the third card in hand.
Once you've gotten your second colour's door, use the bird, discard the 3 (or 6 if you got two doors) last cards and play a third card from your first serie's colour to score a third door without having to start a new series.

Sounds pretty good, if very luck-based.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ilja Preuß
Germany
Karlsruhe
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good point. Wonder how often that actually proofs useful. Guess I have to try.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
United Kingdom
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, if you're using the Book of Steps Lost and Found, you use discarded cards to cast spells so it might be very useful to be able to add a bunch of cards to your discard pile in one go. If you've just played 3 (or 6) cards of a colour and got a door (or two doors), adding those cards to the discard pile all at once could be a real life-saver!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
xipuloxx wrote:
Also, if you're using the Book of Steps Lost and Found, you use discarded cards to cast spells so it might be very useful to be able to add a bunch of cards to your discard pile in one go. If you've just played 3 (or 6) cards of a colour and got a door (or two doors), adding those cards to the discard pile all at once could be a real life-saver!

Nice, hadn't thought of that!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert Hernandez
United States
Greenville
SC
flag msg tools
The show on solitaire boardgaming.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It would also work if you played red Sun, Moon, Sun and you have a red Sun, Moon, Sun in hand. Now you have 3 cards in hand to get another card first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert Hernandez
United States
Greenville
SC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems like the card is pretty limited in use. The best thing about it might be that you have a semi-useless card in hand if forced to discard. Better that than a sun or moon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anne Skelding
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And if you have the Mirrors promo, you may be able to take a card out of the discard pile. So say you used a key in the labyrinth, you can potentially get it back using a hammer bird/mirror combo.

So it's rare to use it, but it's definitely useful in the right situation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fractaloon wrote:
Seems like the card is pretty limited in use. The best thing about it might be that you have a semi-useless card in hand if forced to discard. Better that than a sun or moon!

But the denizens aren't kept in your hand IIRC.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert Hernandez
United States
Greenville
SC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Razoupaf wrote:
fractaloon wrote:

But the denizens aren't kept in your hand IIRC.

There goes that idea

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Danneq wrote:
And if you have the Mirrors promo, you may be able to take a card out of the discard pile. So say you used a key in the labyrinth, you can potentially get it back using a hammer bird/mirror combo.

Ooh nice, would definitely be helpful. I love the mirrors BTW.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clark Cypher
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Danneq wrote:

In playing the app, I found something similar to this, but without the Mirrors promo. Another great use for the Hammer Bird is in combination with the Cyclobot if your most recently played color series included a key as one of the location cards. Hammer the series into the discard pile, then use the Cyclobot to get the key back into your hand.

For extra fun, play with the Crossroads and Dead Ends too (but not the Intersections variant) and finish a series using the Crossroad key, then Hammer that. Only the Crossroad key goes into the discard pile - but it's certainly worth returning with the Cyclobot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.