Subject: Curse mechanic exclusion? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lawrence Talbot
Austria
Rust
flag msg tools
mb
From the reviews and opinions a have read about this game - people mostly complain, that "curses" mechanic makes the game unnecessarily complicated and too random.

So the question - is it possible in an way to somehow exclude this mechanism from the gameplay?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lesnik wrote:
From the reviews and opinions a have read about this game - people mostly complain, that "curses" mechanic makes the game unnecessarily complicated and too random.

So the question - is it possible in an way to somehow exclude this mechanism from the gameplay?

Im not sure why you would do that. There would have to be some other sort of "punishment"...

I disagree with it being too random...the chaos is expected.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Staples
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting. I haven't seen that. For our group the curses are one of our favorite parts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ozmo wrote:
Interesting. I haven't seen that. For our group the curses are one of our favorite parts.

Same here. Its always awesome when people toy with each other, making them think every little move is going to trigger a curse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Talbot
Austria
Rust
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks everyone for answers!

I must add - I have not played the game yet.
Information about curse mechanic I got from reviews, also at this forum - and from other players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In all my experiences, the curse mechanic is everyone's FAVORITE part of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Berent
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MajaiofDreams wrote:
In all my experiences, the curse mechanic is everyone's FAVORITE part of the game.

Ditto -- I was about to say the same thing. goo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maggie C.
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
publisher
Hi Lesnik! Maggie here from Greater Than Games. From having played it personally, and from teaching it to numerous people I think you'd be really disappointed without the curse mechanism. It wasn't designed to be left out, but you can get as creative as you'd like with your game

If you do find that when you play you have any issues/questions with the curse mechanism feel free to message me directly on here or message Greater Than Games on Facebook (www.facebook.com/greaterthangames)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.