Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brandan Haines
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My google-fu and searching FAQs has failed me. I am 1000% positive this is answered somewhere, I just haven't been able to track it down.

I have a Google Sheets document with a list of games by name (e.g. Agricola). I think Reddit has pointed me in a direction whereby I can query the XML to get information on the game [I'm looking for Complexity and BGG rating]. However, it seems the XML queries/lookups are all really based on the GameID (BGGID). My question is: how can I lookup/get/query/find the GameID/BGGID easily?

I know I can do a search on "Agricola" and click on it, and I get the URL https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/31260/agricola which tells me that the GameID is 31260. How can I easily do this for 200 items?

Thanks in advance for helping a relatively new BGG user.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My notion is that you could probably partially automate the search, but ultimately you're going to have to select which game by some name is the one you want. For instance there are a number of games named just Domination.

If you really want to go crazy then you can also select a particular version for the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.