Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
20 Posts

Food Chain Magnate» Forums » General

Subject: How do you store your poker chips used for FCM money? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
kaha preclo
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Avatar
mb
Do you store them in FCM box? I am thinking of getting the insert from Etsy (https://www.etsy.com/listing/295316547/insert-for-food-chain...). Would all the chips fit in that insert?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T K
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

I have that insert, actually I have the one for cards that aren't sleeved.

No, there isn't enough room for poker chips in the insert. I keep mine separate, because I use them for many games. I think that's what most people do.


10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
Pugs are like little people in fur coats.
badge
If it's not a Pug, it's just a dog.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
What TK said.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Palmer Eldritch
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I made my own insert. There's room in there for everything, including the poker chips, player aids and sleeved cards. Just.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christi K
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
VinegarBob wrote:
I made my own insert. There's room in there for everything, including the poker chips, player aids and sleeved cards. Just.


Photos please.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kaha preclo
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Avatar
mb
clmdvd wrote:
VinegarBob wrote:
I made my own insert. There's room in there for everything, including the poker chips, player aids and sleeved cards. Just.


Photos please.


Could you share some pictures? I would be interested in making an insert myself. Also, what kind of chips do you use? Lastly, do you use the accordion or make your own stand?

Thank you very much.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Cheektowaga
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
In the Poker Chip box. I am not one to buy sets of poker chips for each game I use them for. If there is paper money that is not hidden I use my mini poker chips. They are stored on my game shelf.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stockdale
United States
Portland
Maine
flag msg tools
I sporadically review games...
badge
... It's a running kidney... Kidneys are kind of my profession...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kahapreclo wrote:
Do you store them in FCM box? I am thinking of getting the insert from Etsy (https://www.etsy.com/listing/295316547/insert-for-food-chain...). Would all the chips fit in that insert?


I have that insert, and it is awesome. I highly recommend it. It may be the best custom insert I own. I love the card display during the game, and that it completely negates the need for the accordion (which work fine, but this works so much better).

That being said... no there is not room for poker chips in it.
1 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Perello
Canada
Salmo
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Want DnDeeples? I'm on Esty as MagnificentMeeples.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
VinegarBob wrote:
I made my own insert. There's room in there for everything, including the poker chips, player aids and sleeved cards. Just.

I would love to see this. It took me quite a while to design two different inserts for this game, one sleeved and one not, and while a large part of the challenge was making something that worked as both a storage solution and card display and also helped with set up I'm amazed you were able to fit everything, including sleeved cards and poker chips, into what is really a pretty small box.

Photos would be greatly appreciated...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wally Jones
United States
Windermere
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
With the rest of my poker chips that I use for all my games that have money.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Alexander
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
beef
badge
sack
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I use plastic chip trays, you can see a photo of some of mine in my profile. They're great during game too.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kamil M.
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
beefsack wrote:
I use plastic chip trays, you can see a photo of some of mine in my profile. They're great during game too.


+1
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I keep them with some dry-erase markers for the dry-erase milestone boards---in my Wits and Wagers box. If I play FCM, I bring the Wits and Wagers box, too!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Palmer Eldritch
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the insert, and how everything fits:


The laminated player aids lie in the bottom of the box.

All the marketing/house etc. tiles are in the section to the left. And the food and drink tokens are in the other sections.

There's $1506 in chips in those piles. The maximum amount of money required in a 5 player game is $1500 (assuming everyone puts in a $300 reserve).


All the cards in the game are in the 3 tuck boxes shown here. I downloaded the tuck box template around here somewhere. All the cards are sleeved. All the milestone cards are in there too, even though you don't need them if you're using the player aids. The sleeves are the thin Mayday ones. Fantasy Flight ones won't fit.







And that's all the stuff in the box!


The rulebook lies on the top of everything.


And on with the lid. Done

6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kaha preclo
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Avatar
mb
Cool! Looks very pretty. How many chips are there in total? 50-60?

Do you use an accordion or anything to display the cards?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Palmer Eldritch
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kahapreclo wrote:
Cool! Looks very pretty. How many chips are there in total? 50-60?


There are 57 chips total.

16 x $1
18 x $5
12 x $25
11 x $100

giving a total of $1506

I could fit another 3 in if I wanted, but they would be hard to get out if I did.

kahapreclo wrote:
Do you use an accordion or anything to display the cards?


No, I just put the employee cards out in a few piles sorted by colour and type. I don't use the milestone cards.

*Edit. I should probably mention that it's possible that with a 5 player game there could be a chip shortage due to the distribution above. Technically you'd probably want 20 of each of the $1 and $5, and 15 of the $25 to be absolutely safe, but you would usually have some extra chips on hand for the end of the game so it's fine, plus I'll never be playing this copy at 5. The above is perfect for up to 4 players.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy W
msg tools
Hey! Any chance you have plans you could share? It looks simple, but with not much room for error. Thank you!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias
msg tools
Postin’ over here, boss.
badge
Post over there, Luke.
Avatar
mb
chrisoc13 wrote:
kahapreclo wrote:
Do you store them in FCM box? I am thinking of getting the insert from Etsy (https://www.etsy.com/listing/295316547/insert-for-food-chain...). Would all the chips fit in that insert?


I have that insert, and it is awesome. I highly recommend it. It may be the best custom insert I own. I love the card display during the game, and that it completely negates the need for the accordion (which work fine, but this works so much better).

That being said... no there is not room for poker chips in it.


I was going to start a thread about this insert, but I found this one when I was checking to make sure one did not exist. Listen, I own a Broken Token insert for Gloomhaven and a Meeple Realty insert for Xia, both are great, but damn, this one on Etsy is AMAZING!!!! It looks like it cost twice as much as the ~$75 inserts I just listed. Granted, the FCM insert is a mix of wood and MDF, but you cannot tell and the embossed labels are fantastic. In terms of value, functionality, and design, this FCM insert on Etsy cannot be beat!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Palmer Eldritch
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
EmperorXIX wrote:
Hey! Any chance you have plans you could share? It looks simple, but with not much room for error. Thank you!


Sorry I don't. I don't do plans or measure much after the first few pieces. I tend to just see what needs to fit then make bits that are slightly bigger than them.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy W
msg tools
Any chance you can identify which tuck box template you used? I tried two for sleeved cards and they both came out exactly the same height as the unaltered cards =(
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.