Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Rakstad
United States
Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Had a thought yesterday. Since everything is supposed to be open information, how easy would this game be to Skype? And has anyone tried it?

I realize there may be difficulties in seeing everything, but just thinking about it a bit to see if it'd be possible

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Because of the fully open information, I think it would be possible. The camera would need to be really good at picking up the details on the board, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Ward
United States
Newport News
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would both players have a full copy of the game, and update their copy whenever something changes on the other end? Or is one player doing everything remotely "Put my worker on the ____"?

I'd be really curious to see how well this works. (:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Clarke
United Kingdom
Caithness
Scotland
flag msg tools
kredal wrote:
Would both players have a full copy of the game, and update their copy whenever something changes on the other end?

.......I suspect is the way you would need to do this.

kredal wrote:
Or is one player doing everything remotely "Put my worker on the ____"?

.......I suspect would be unbearably slow for everyone, given that the distant player only gets to see things on request.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
Because of the fully open information, I think it would be possible. The camera would need to be really good at picking up the details on the board, though.

Perhaps a related question is this: do you see Charterstone being adapted to Tabletop Simulator, as Scythe, Viticulture, and Euphoria have been?

If so, that would be a far better option than Skype.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Becq: Perhaps, though I'm a little less inclined to do that for Charterstone, as I think the impact of placing a digital "sticker" is greatly diminished compared to the real-life version. We'll see, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.