tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulie Christenson
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Re: [Amazon] Werewords - $11.99 - Lowest CCC
This is a GREAT game, not including the theme. This is a phenomenal game that we will be playing over the holidays with my non-gaming family members. Just say you are playing 20 Questions with a twist. This seems like a good price for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Woggers wrote:
This is a GREAT game, not including the theme. This is a phenomenal game that we will be playing over the holidays with my non-gaming family members. Just say you are playing 20 Questions with a twist. This seems like a good price for it.

Agreed!

Been evangelizing this one for a while now. Here are my comments from an earlier Amazon sale thread:

NuMystic wrote:
I can't recommend Werewords highly enough if you ever have 5+ players. It's been a surprise hit with all of the many groups I play with from the most casual to the heaviest.

Don't let Bezier's werewolf branding put you off either. It's got more in common with Codenames than werewolf and is actually a significantly improved version of the Oink game Insider.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Carnagey
United States
Wake Forest
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NuMystic wrote:
Woggers wrote:

Agreed!

Been evangelizing this one for a while now. Here are my comments from an earlier Amazon sale thread:

NuMystic wrote:
I can't recommend Werewords highly enough if you ever have 5+ players. It's been a surprise hit with all of the many groups I play with from the most casual to the heaviest.

Don't let Bezier's werewolf branding put you off either. It's got more in common with Codenames than werewolf and is actually a significantly improved version of the Oink game Insider.

Ok... you guys sold me on this.. ordered to play with the family Christmas eve. I keep trying not to look at this Hot Deals thread but I can't seem to help myself....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Brown
United States
Middleton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sold!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve H
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If this game interests you I highly suggest you check out Deception: Murder in Hong Kong. Seems to have very similar roles and rules when playing with 6+ but instead of guessing a word your trying to guess the weapon and key piece of evidence left behind my the murderer as a team but you're not sure who the murder is until the forensic scientist gives you clues by placing bullets on different evidence boards with different locations, time, motive etc but they cant speak unless someone makes their formal accusation and then they can only say yes or no. It's a great game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dasteve003 wrote:
If this game interests you I highly suggest you check out Deception: Murder in Hong Kong. Seems to have very similar roles and rules when playing with 6+ but instead of guessing a word your trying to guess the weapon and key piece of evidence left behind my the murderer as a team but you're not sure who the murder is until the forensic scientist gives you clues by placing bullets on different evidence boards with different locations, time, motive etc but they cant speak unless someone makes their formal accusation and then they can only say yes or no. It's a great game!

Deception is fun but Werewords fills a very different niche despite the similarities you note.

Werewords is simple enough that you can play it with complete non-gamers, and it's a way faster game as well. It's the kind of thing you play as a filler or multiple times in a row.

Not to mention it's small enough that it's now a permanent fixture in my game bag whether it gets played or not, where Deception I have to make a conscious decision to bring it along in favor of another game of the same size.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bought this game as a gift.

I thought about purchasing a copy for myself but I rarely have a group larger than 4.

Would you guys say that this game can be applied in the classroom? Would it work for reviewing vocabulary?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve H
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NuMystic wrote:
dasteve003 wrote:

Deception is fun but Werewords fills a very different niche despite the similarities you note.

Werewords is simple enough that you can play it with complete non-gamers, and it's a way faster game as well. It's the kind of thing you play as a filler or multiple times in a row.

Not to mention it's small enough that it's now a permanent fixture in my game bag whether it gets played or not, where Deception I have to make a conscious decision to bring it along in favor of another game of the same size.

I've never played Werewords before, but reading the description one user posted I was like wow this sounds a lot like Deception, just thought I'd share for anyone who liked this but maybe hadn't hear of Deception as it's one of one of my favorite games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy Basi
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very fun game, even for gamers. It's well worth this price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
waxbottle wrote:
Would you guys say that this game can be applied in the classroom? Would it work for reviewing vocabulary?

The words are selected by the app so it wouldn't work for that, but I'm sure kids in the class would have an absolute blast playing it.

It would be a perfect adjunct to teaching deductive reasoning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
If I'm not mistaken, you can add your own list of words to the game. And I believe you can play the game with user created lists. Is this correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kumar
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
DEAD still alive at Target though,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
waxbottle wrote:
If I'm not mistaken, you can add your own list of words to the game. And I believe you can play the game with user created lists. Is this correct?

Just checked the app, and yes you can actually play with your own word lists.

Still won't work at all as an aid for vocabulary building from a specific list though. Each game is going to run about 10 minutes from start to finish and will only cover a single word. Also for the game to actually work, almost everyone in the game has to already know what the word means.

Again, the game will help building deductive reasoning skills but a vocabulary builder it's not. At least not for specific words. A post game discussion will often lead to debate and discussion about the interpretation of countless words used in clues over the course of the game (why did you say "maybe" for THAT word???) but you can't in any way predict which questions and answers will be made in trying to guess the mystery word.

Watch a how to play or live gameplay video and you'll see what I mean.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LDB
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
Go_Petunias wrote:
DEAD still alive at Target though,

I was about to edit the post, but now it's back to $11.99 at Amazon. Woohoo!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick E
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Damn, the price just jumped back up to $17+ again. Right as I got enough points using Bing Rewards to get enough Amazon gift cards to get the game for free, they bump it up to above $15. This just happened two days ago though and they lowered it back down to $11 again yesterday, so maybe it'll drop one more time before the end of the year?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.