Subject: Yin Victory! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Naz
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just thought I'd share that I won a game with the Yin, and currently I have a 100% win rate with them. Best race in the game? Overpowered? How can the other races even compete? /end hype

3 player game. I got gravity drive turn one, took Mecatol, got crushed in combat (but always inflicting more pain then I suffered), and avoided having my home system taken by building and sacrificing my flagship multiple times. Seemed so tough to take the Yin home system.

Racial ability frighted away the odd carrier from my pie slice early, and never really got used, which is just fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Halbower
United States
Muskegon
Michigan
flag msg tools
The Gaming Annex in Muskegon
badge
The Muskegon Area Gamers
mbmbmbmbmb
The Yin are strong. Their power auto works if you have 2 influence. And it works on defense now. The Yin won the last game I played too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Schutte
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bombardment and X-89 this is how you deal with the Yin. Use leadership early in the round, force them to choose to have influence or not. I think they are strong in 4th but not over the top. They also benefit from a smaller game as they can hold off 1 or 2 attacks easily. Let 5 players come at them and they will crumble like anyone else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Naz
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Crikrunner wrote:
Bombardment and X-89 this is how you deal with the Yin. Use leadership early in the round, force them to choose to have influence or not. I think they are strong in 4th but not over the top. They also benefit from a smaller game as they can hold off 1 or 2 attacks easily. Let 5 players come at them and they will crumble like anyone else.

Are we talking about TI3 space goblins or TI4 Yin? The fact that I can even ask this question should tell us all something about the Yin...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Schutte
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ti4

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Theo Mags
Australia
flag msg tools
Any thoughts on their racial techs?

They seem to me at least to be wrongly placed. Was thinking that the green one shouldn't have prerequisites and the yellow one should be red instead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Naz
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My tech was definitely crazy. I used the secondary of diplomacy to refresh a blue tech specialty planet to get gravity drive turn one. That made my destroyers really scary. I had a secret objective to get 5 dreadnaughts on the board, so i skipped a round of tech. We also had an objective to have 2 techs in 2 different colors, so i never went past that point in the tech tree because I was fighting to keep control of my home system by then. To be honest, I completely ignored the yin spinner. I thought about getting Impulse core but I never drew a direct hit card so I didn't think it was going to be worth it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.