Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Rush
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When sending an elf to the right spot in the mail room, must the cards be swept? I know that is what the rules mean taken at face value. But I still wonder because ...

I can't quite tell whether the right space is meant to just be a different option than the left space or a worse option because you only get two gifts. If the latter, then it is already worse by getting one less card, and having to swipe possibly good cards makes it even more worse, but if the person wants to swipe the cards then that is an improvement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Ferguson
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
Hokie Hokie Hokie Hi! Tech Tech VPI!
badge
Santa's Workshop - Coming from Rio Grande Games in 2017
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes - you have to sweep the cards. When you go to that spot, you're double checking the naughty list...and it turns out those kids have not been on their best behavior, so to the bottom of the pile they go.

Whether it's worse or not, depends on whether you like the gifts that are currently available. Remember, now matter which space you use, you can always take blindly from the top of the deck if you don't like the 6 face up gifts available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Rush
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great, thanks for the explanation.

I ordered the game from Coolstuffinc and it should arrive today. I'm VERY MUCH looking forward to it. I've read some articles and watched the video by Robert Geistlinger, and already read through the rules so I'm ready to play right away. I've been looking for a Christmas-themed euro-type game for a long time!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Ferguson
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
Hokie Hokie Hokie Hi! Tech Tech VPI!
badge
Santa's Workshop - Coming from Rio Grande Games in 2017
mbmbmbmbmb
Great - hope you enjoy it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.