Gutripper
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi I was wondering if there is a function in BGG that I am not aware of that would allow me to rank games in a list by those with highest rating standard deviation

In general is there any options for creating your own list and choosing filters and data parameters (such as st. dev., release date and others that might be available somewhere in the underlying database of information for each game)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joakim Schön
Sweden
Alingsås
Sverige
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it a geeklist you are talking about?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Per Glöde
Sweden
Svitjod
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are technically good at internet scraping tools (wget, curl, ...), you can use the BGG API for data collection. For other geeks there is the Advanced search tool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you trying to create your own list of selections or do you just want to examine the whole database?

For the latter you can use the menu at the top of this page.

Misc -- Stats -- Top 10s -- Games with Highest Standard Deviation (with at least 100 ratings)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gutripper
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TVis wrote:
Are you trying to create your own list of selections or do you just want to examine the whole database?

Misc -- Stats -- Top 10s -- Games with Highest Standard Deviation (with at least 100 ratings)

That sounds perfect, but all the games with the 'highest st dev all have 0s...?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gutripper wrote:
TVis wrote:

Ahh. You do remind me that this is unanswered in the BGG Bugs forum.

"Sort by Standard Deviation" menu pick works but does not display St Dev value

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gutripper
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TVis wrote:
Gutripper wrote:
TVis wrote:

Ahh. You do remind me that this is unanswered in the BGG Bugs forum.

"Sort by Standard Deviation" menu pick works but does not display St Dev value

I can see that the games are actually ranked correctly except the standard deviation number is just 0,0 for all of them... a bit annoying but still sort of helpful

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.