Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Teer
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When an enemy is activated and has the ranged ability, do you still inflict damage to the enemy after dice are rolled?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jansson
Sweden
Trollhättan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
Yes, you can bring a knife to a gunfight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Teer
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. Board game magic!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
Madfiddler wrote:
Thanks. Board game magic!

More like video game magic. The Fallouts in particular never did this, but "zooming in" to a tactical battlemap where units move around (to shank you with a knife while under fire) to then return to their previous positions on the strategic/world map after combat is a common thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hubbard
United States
Mullica Hill
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
He starts combat by shooting at you from a distance (hence the free hit, works the other way around too if you have the ranged trait and he doesn't) but then you both get in close to finish the fight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Daverman wrote:
He starts combat by shooting at you from a distance (hence the free hit, works the other way around too if you have the ranged trait and he doesn't) but then you both get in close to finish the fight.

This is how I explain it when teaching the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcio Ferreira
Portugal
Viana do Castelo
flag msg tools
_lo-ol_
mbmbmb
Weltenreiter wrote:
Yes, you can bring a knife to a gunfight.

Indeed, but on that case you get a direct hit/damage. Just as if you bring any other non-ranged weapon, or unarmed ;-)

All this if you're adjacent to the enemy. If on the same spot there's no advantage from the ranged weapon.

Clearly combat is very simplified in this game... an alternative is whenever you go into a fight, just simulate the fight using the rules from Modiphius Fallout game ;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jayson Olson
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Daverman wrote:

Do you still get to pick up loot from that enemy if he is in an adjacent space then? I assume so based on the idea you can fight back even if you don't have a ranged weapon.

I just had a level 2 Regulator take a pop shot at me during activation from 1 space away (ranged icon). I currently have no weapons, but was able to roll 2 VAT hits on his legs so Regulator dies, but he also has a loot icon. Is it then assumed I went and picked that up too and returned to my current position?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
Yes, apart from the free hit and extra range, a ranged Fight is just a Fight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Head Zach
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Important to note that the extra hit is added onto the eventual dice result. It doesn't happen early in the fight sequence. If that extra hit is enough to kill the enemy, you still have to survive whatever hits it inflicts on you first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.