Subject: Card 163 question. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John B
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So this hero action card lets you have an enemy attack itself with its own attack. For several enemies, the attack equals the defense. Can he just cause them to self-destruct?
Sounds over powered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelika Fröhlich
Austria
Tulln an der Donau
Niederösterreich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, that's the right use of this card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Boctor
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Completely agree with Angie; though while it might seem overpowered, there are some things to note that mitigate its balance:

- The shadow cleric doesn't really have any other access to raw damage (yes he can add search boosts to melee attacks, but that's about it).

- While some enemies will kill themselves, many of them will not. I don't have access to my copy of the game as I write this, but I want to say that somewhere along the lines of 70% of enemies have a higher armour value than damage.

- The dungeon lord does not count as an "enemy", so you can't get him to just self-destruct the same way. You can fairly easily charm another enemy into doing it for you though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John B
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you all for the responses.
In last night game, the shadow cleric handled a lot of fate cards and fed them to Venda (the fighter, hope I got the right name). She then had enough to jump into the dungeon lord and take him out with a power 7 attack. Exciting stuff, only while playing cooperative.
I guess overall the clerics aren't too strong, so his one great action makes up for it. Certainty with enemies with equal attack and defense.
Thanks again, and happy gaming to all!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.