Subject: Milwaukee Area Gamers? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just moved to Milwaukee (near New Berlin). Was looking to find gamers to play some tabletop games (or even videogame stuff) with.

Where are the good game stores?

What BGGers live out this way? I'm an older fart gamer and I sometimes have had issues (in the past) finding groups to fit in with (I'm usually on the opposite political/social side of most gamers, which can cause friction, though not on my end, per se.)

I like Ameritrash style games, card games, some Euros (Settlers & Waterdeep are favorites, for example)...miniature games, and RPGs, though I'm not sure I have time to play them.

Sample games I have adored (but no longer own) include:

Lords of Waterdeep
Settlers of Cataan but only with the SeaFarer's Expansion
Warhammer: Invasion
Warhammer 40k: Conquest
Spellfire
Vs. TCG
Dominion and most Deck-builders (Ascension, Legendary, DC, etc...)
Warhammer 40k
Star Wars: X-Wing minis game
Cyclades
Castle Ravenloft and all the D&D Adventure Board Games
D&D 4th and 5th Edition
Marvel Saga RPG (that used cards, not dice, awesome game!)
Star Wars Saga (no relation to the game series above, by WOTC)

I have a big family of small children so time is at a premium for now, anyway, so I'm probably not someone who would be regular in attendance.

I'm also big into PC gaming online (but NOT MMMORPGS, really) and would happily pair up with someone for some PUBG, R6 Siege, BF1, Ghost Recon: Wildlands Ghost War PvP, and others...I use Discord and have a mic and stuff.

PM me if you'd like to meet up or know of some groups. Also would love to hear about the game stores in the area. I've only found one so far (Lost Worlds place - not a great game selection, sadly).

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No replies eh? Guess there's not a lot of gaming going on around here. Oh well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve C
United States
Princeton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Take it easy, dude! Its the holidays and your post is less than one day old. Your lack of patience is disturbing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle E
United States
Sheboygan
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey wytefang, if your looking for games the Midwinter Gaming Convention is coming up in downtown Milwaukee in January. As far as game stores go, Board Game Barrister is a nice place for a pick up game. There is a boardgame group called MilCoG (Meetup) that hosts game nights around Milwaukee and the suburbs. I'm sure that others will be able to add some more ideas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ol' Skool

Oconomowoc
Wisconsin
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I live a bit west of Milwaukee in Oconomowoc and they have a game store there that mainly holds Magic events. There are a few conferences or playing opportunities coming up - Protospiel in April - Gaming Hoopla in Rockford in the spring - I imagine those might be good ways to meet people as well. Given that I have a gaggle of little kids and live in the boonies, I would need to plan ahead to game. I'm working on painting my Cthulhu Wars figures, which definitely fits as Ameritrash and hope to find some others to try it out.

Would love to do some trades or no shipping buying and selling if anyone is interested. Perhaps at the conference mentioned earlier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan García
Mexico
Monterrey
Nuevo Leon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey man, Just moved to Milwaukee this Monday and would love to have a tabletop reunion!
I unfortunately did not brought any of my games due to the luggage limitations... I am living downtown right now, let me know if you have any plans for the weekend!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GenChaos wrote:
Take it easy, dude! Its the holidays and your post is less than one day old. Your lack of patience is disturbing.

That's who I am, like it or leave it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zachery Cook
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
I know my reply is late but I live in Hartland and I am willing to drive out to the Oconomowoc, Waukesha, Brookfield areas. I'm afraid Milwaukee is a little too far of a drive out for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan García
Mexico
Monterrey
Nuevo Leon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am living on milwaukee downtown right now and unfortunately i dont have a car right now
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.