Subject: Best 2-player zombie rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jay Jasper
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So my niece loves all those zombie shows, & it'll be mostly her & her BF.
So, what plays in an hour or two that has a good zombie theme? Is there a zombie deck builder?

And what's your favorite euro-style 2-player? We love Ticket to Ride & The Castles of Burgundy (does that count as a euro?) in our house.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Robinson
United States
Reno
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Walking Dead All Out War

I've played a number of zombie games and although this one is a miniatures game it is by far the best implementation of the zombie theme into a table top game.

Check out a video or two to see if you like it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Theodore Martinovich
United States
Davidsonville
Maryland
flag msg tools
Hulk can see ghosts, breathe underwater, and survive a nuclear bomb.
badge
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCSE5I0Wp7c
mbmbmbmbmb
Run, Fight, or Die! is my wife's favorite game. And like your favorite games not a ton of "take that" or player interaction. But enough. It's not too difficult and it plays in your timeframe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Foldes Gabor
Hungary
Veresegyház
Budapest
flag msg tools
mb
You should check After the Virus. It is a very good Zombie 'deck builder/puzzler'
It is co-op however, I don't know if they like it.
7 Wonders Duel absolutely
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomáš Sládek
Czech Republic
Brno
flag msg tools
badge
DOES NOT COMPUTE ||| EXTERMINATE ||| EXTERMINAAAAAATE
mbmbmbmbmb
Last Night on Earth: The Zombie Game with its millions of options and standalone expansions. I don't even know, at this point maybe Last Night on Earth: Timber Peak or Last Night on Earth: Blood in the Forest is a better starting point than the original. But then again there's the Last Night on Earth: The Zombie Game – 10 Year Anniversary Edition this year if you wanted a really fancy gift.

Aside from the avalanche of content for this game, it's great 2 player because it is designed more or less as such, but at the same time allows for up to 6 players. One side has 4 heroes, the other controls the zombies. There are multiple scenarios. At its core, it's a parody on b-movie horrors - small american town overrun by zombies, handful of survivors attempt to achieve some goal. It's a random game (roll to run, roll to shoot, draw cards to search etc.), but very fun and despite the recent success of the Zombicide franchise, I still think this is THE definitive zombie game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Tucker
United States
Warren
Michigan
flag msg tools
A game is a series of decisions; a good game is a series of interesting decisions
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DonkeyJay wrote:
So my niece loves all those zombie shows, & it'll be mostly her & her BF.
So, what plays in an hour or two that has a good zombie theme?
Run, Fight, or Die! (either competitive or co-op with an expansion)
Escape: Zombie City (co-op)
Also the zombie deck builders

Last Night on Earth: The Zombie Game isn't so great with just 2 (1 player plays the zombies, the other plays multiple characters), it's better with 3 and probably best with 5 players.
Zombicide: Black Plague (and it's not quite as good predecessor Zombicide) mostly have missions that are best with 6 characters. It's light enough that you can play 3 characters each with 2 players, but it wouldn't be my first choice.

DonkeyJay wrote:
Is there a zombie deck builder?
Dead Apocalypse
After The Virus
Both are solid co-op deck builders.

There are other zombie deck builders, including competitive play, but I haven't played any that I would recommend.

DonkeyJay wrote:
And what's your favorite euro-style 2-player? We love Ticket to Ride & The Castles of Burgundy (does that count as a euro?) in our house.
Spirit Island
Antiquity
Le Havre
Tzolk'in: The Mayan Calendar
Agricola
Trajan

If deck-builders count as euros, there's a whole bunch of them as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomáš Sládek
Czech Republic
Brno
flag msg tools
badge
DOES NOT COMPUTE ||| EXTERMINATE ||| EXTERMINAAAAAATE
mbmbmbmbmb
tuckerotl wrote:

Last Night on Earth: The Zombie Game isn't so great with just 2 (1 player plays the zombies, the other plays multiple characters), it's better with 3 and probably best with 5 players.

I strongly disagree - 2 players is at its most interesting for the hero player because he gets so many options, it's almost like controlling your own squad in your zombie version of XCOM or Jagged Alliance (except you have inept high school girls in skirts with chainsaws instead of trained soldier with assault rifles )

With more players you get bigger laughs but less decisions to make. And 4 (2 hero 2 zombie) and 6 (2 zombie 4 hero) player isn't that great because when you have 2 zombie players, each of them gets half of what the solo zombie player gets, drastically cutting down option of either player. It can be fun as well, but limits option too much for my taste. In contrast, having just one hero per player in 5p games may not give you too many options either, but controlling a single character feels natural within the narrative of the game and so you don't mind sometimes losing your entire turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How about a light coop Dead Panic

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.