Subject: Card Expansions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Terry O\'Neill
United Kingdom
Oxford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand that the Revised edition has had one expansion which was the 5-6 player expansion which came with cards exclusively for 5-6 players.

I heard that there was a new deck of cards released at Essen but I can't find any information about this.

I feel like the revised edition is crying out for some new cards, what's the news?! :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Petersen
Denmark
Svendborg
flag msg tools
badge
The bigger the problem, the bigger a hammer you'll need!
mbmbmbmbmb
The Artifex deck is the new set of cards, released in Essen, for the revised ed.
Agricola: Artifex Deck
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Silver Fang
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The is the “Artifex” deck, which you can currently pre-order from CoolStuffInc. There are also the six “color” expansions, which each come with 20 cards and awesome minis, which can also be ordered from CSI.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wil
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
Read more comics!
mbmbmbmbmb
terryoneill wrote:
I heard that there was a new deck of cards released at Essen but I can't find any information about this.

Yes, this is correct and it's fantastic in my opinion:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgameexpansion/234218/agri...

The minis all include new cards as well but it's a bit pricey to collect them all:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgameexpansion/216650/agri...

The Artifex deck is the best deal, but the minis are worthy if you're after additional cards and would like painted minis.

Edit: Hah, looks like a triple reply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Petersen
Denmark
Svendborg
flag msg tools
badge
The bigger the problem, the bigger a hammer you'll need!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I've read somewhere, that the cards in the miniature expansions are "previews" of cards that are going to be released in later expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
StormP wrote:
I think I've read somewhere, that the cards in the miniature expansions are "previews" of cards that are going to be released in later expansions.

That is correct.

There is now no reason to buy the colour expansions unless you particularly want the minis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wil
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
Read more comics!
mbmbmbmbmb
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
StormP wrote:

That is correct.

There is now no reason to buy the colour expansions unless you particularly want the minis.

True, but I'll also comment that there is the "now" factor.

I think they mentioned that the plans are to release one expansion deck per year where Artifex is the 2018 release.

I may be incorrect on this schedule though.

Regardless, unless you want the minis, Artifex is the best bang for the buck. 120 additional cards for roughly $20.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Burgess
United Kingdom
Chichester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Still confused. If the base game comes with decks A and B, and the minis packs contain previews of decks C and D, where does the Artifex deck fit in, please?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Tornabe
United States
Burlington
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Silver Fang wrote:
The is the “Artifex” deck, which you can currently pre-order from CoolStuffInc. There are also the six “color” expansions, which each come with 20 cards and awesome minis, which can also be ordered from CSI.

Does each color contain the same cards or would they all be different previews and getting them all would give you basically the new deck ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Swampy Crocker
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
compujet1 wrote:
Silver Fang wrote:

Does each color contain the same cards or would they all be different previews and getting them all would give you basically the new deck ?

I know they are all different. Not sure what percentage of the "new decks" they will make up. It would be nice for those that do buy all the expansions to offer a condensed version of the new deck, which would just give them the missing cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hanno Girke
Germany
Schwabenheim an der Selz
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mattpburgess wrote:
Still confused. If the base game comes with decks A and B, and the minis packs contain previews of decks C and D, where does the Artifex deck fit in, please?

Each deck has a total of 180 cards.
48 cards are base cards, you find them in the base game (A and B)
12 cards are 5/6 player specific, you'll find them in the 5/6p expansion (A, B, C, and D)
120 cards are advanced, they are in the expansion decks.

(A)rtifex is the expansion deck that completes the A deck and is the 2017 release.
(B)... will be the 2018 release and complete the B deck.

Yes, we still don't know what to do with the 48 base cards from C and D.
Either we'll cycle them in at some point; it's more likely that we just make another small expansion box when it fits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Burgess
United Kingdom
Chichester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hanno wrote:
mattpburgess wrote:

12 cards are 5/6 player specific, you'll find them in the 5/6p expansion (A, B, C, and D)

(A)rtifex is the expansion deck that completes the A deck and is the 2017 release.

Either we'll cycle them in at some point; it's more likely that we just make another small expansion box when it fits.

Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Fredriksen
Norway
flag msg tools
Hanno wrote:
mattpburgess wrote:

Thank you for a nice summary!
Any news regarding when its estimated that the B-deck and Farmers of the Moore revised ed. is supposed to be released? (edit. I see in another thread that its supposed to be released anno 2018).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Burgess
United Kingdom
Chichester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There’ll be a Farmers of the Moor expansion for the revised edition?? Really??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Burkman
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Peekaboo!
mbmbmbmbmb
Some day. Scheduled for 2018 release, but who knows?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Nash
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Farmers of the Moor seems like the perfect solution to Hanno's 'where should we put C and D deck base cards?' problem....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Burkman
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Peekaboo!
mbmbmbmbmb
Not really, since "FotM" was not originally designed to be played with Ocks, although it can be with little problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
Scotland
Elgin
Moray
flag msg tools
mbmb
MisterG wrote:
Not really, since "FotM" was not originally designed to be played with Ocks, although it can be with little problem.

Ocks?

A google search suggests this is a butchered attempt to abbreviate Occupations?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Kerenza
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Orion3T wrote:
MisterG wrote:

Ocks?

It was a mistype, FotM was originally designed to be played with Oocks. It was going to add chimpanzees which had escaped from a circus but Uwe eventually scrapped that to replace them with horses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Burkman
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Peekaboo!
mbmbmbmbmb
Orion3T wrote:
MisterG wrote:

Ocks?

All the better to rhyme with socks. And ox. Wait, maybe that's how it should be spelled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.