Subject: Where can I buy/get more automa decks? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam NoName
Canada
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm interested in playing solo games with multiple automa factions like you can in scythe. Is there anyway to buy extra decks or even PnP them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mcdiarmid wrote:
I'm interested in playing solo games with multiple automa factions like you can in scythe. Is there anyway to buy extra decks or even PnP them?

First of all thank you for taking an interest in expand our Automa beyond what's in the box. Gamers requesting stuff like this is a great help for us.

Currently neither of those options are available, but I'll contact Feuerland Spiele to ask whether we can change that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ola Caster
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
mb
The workaround that was proposed in another thread is that you take another kind of deck, and just use the provided Automa deck as a reference. For example, if you take an ordinary deck of cards you have 1-13 in four different suits. For 14 and 15 (which I think is the highest automa card) you will have to use something else. (You will use at most three of the suits, so there should be a clever way to use the fourth for the missing cards.) Or any other kind of deck that works. Then you create separate automa decks for each automa player just as normal, and you place all original automa cards face up somewhere sle. If you for example draw card 9 with card 6 as support, you just look at those face up cards to determine the action. It's not as elegant, but it should work pretty well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ola Caster
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
mb
mortenmdk wrote:
mcdiarmid wrote:

First of all thank you for taking an interest in expand our Automa beyond what's in the box. Gamers requesting stuff like this is a great help for us.

Currently neither of those options are available, but I'll contact Feuerland Spiele to ask whether we can change that.

If they were to produce extra automa decks anyway, it would be awesome if they could create a two-pack with different backside colours to make it easier to manage all the cards. The original automa deck is black I think - they could just create one dark grey and one light grey or something like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have heard back from Frank Heeren from Feuerland Spiele and for now a PDF with the cards will be made available. Since I just asked him, he hasn't considered yet whether a print run will be made.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Turns out it'll be Z-Man's choice on whether extra decks will be printed, since Feuerland don't think that they'll be able to sell enough copies through their distribution channels to make a print run viable (if the BGG Store is interested in selling them, then it might work out, though).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mortenmdk wrote:
I have heard back from Frank Heeren from Feuerland Spiele and for now a PDF with the cards will be made available. Since I just asked him, he hasn't considered yet whether a print run will be made.

I've gotten a PDF from Frank and have uploaded it on the game's file section here on BGG. It's currently awaiting admin approval.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fear The Clown
msg tools
mbmbmb
Sweet!!! I'm glad this has happened!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
feartheclown wrote:
Sweet!!! I'm glad this has happened!

Me too .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Potter
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mortenmdk wrote:
mortenmdk wrote:

I've gotten a PDF from Frank and have uploaded it on the game's file section here on BGG. It's currently awaiting admin approval.

Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oleary393 wrote:
mortenmdk wrote:
mortenmdk wrote:

Thank you!

No problem. I’m happy to see that there’s interest in getting more decks .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam NoName
Canada
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you so much for the PDF. That's a wonderful gift to us solo players!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fear The Clown
msg tools
mbmbmb
mortenmdk wrote:
Oleary393 wrote:
mortenmdk wrote:
mortenmdk wrote:

Thank you!

No problem. I’m happy to see that there’s interest in getting more decks .

Definitely is! Access to more decks is 1 of the major things that has kept Scythe a viable long term solo option for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soylent Green
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Stop hovering over me!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sooooo... was it approved? Which file am I missing if it has been?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Bocholt
flag msg tools
badge
I paid 100 Geek Gold so that you can read this! :-)
mbmbmbmbmb
SoylentRed wrote:
Morten has files pending since a few days. I guess the BGG file approvers are doing Xmas stuff instead of checking files, and who'd blame them for such priorization?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soylent Green
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Stop hovering over me!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
DocCool wrote:
SoylentRed wrote:
Morten has files pending since a few days. I guess the BGG file approvers are doing Xmas stuff instead of checking files, and who'd blame them for such priorization?

Ok - cool.

I’m at my parents for the holidays and they have print/cutting equipment I’m hoping to use to make a few high quality decks for a buddy and myself.

Fingers crossed I can print and cut while I’m here still!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fear The Clown
msg tools
mbmbmb
SoylentRed wrote:
DocCool wrote:
SoylentRed wrote:

Ok - cool.

I’m at my parents for the holidays and they have print/cutting equipment I’m hoping to use to make a few high quality decks for a buddy and myself.

Fingers crossed I can print and cut while I’m here still!

Going to do the same with our Cricut once they become available!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wolfpacker
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
feartheclown wrote:

4 years ago my wife begged for a Cricut for Christmas. I got it. Not been touched. 3 years ago she begged for a laminator. I got it. I used it a lot, and she never touched it. 2 years ago she begged for an immersion blender. I thought... oh yeah, she'll use this so I got it. NOPE! Last year her parents got her a WII. So I bought her some WII games. SHE USED IT!!! ...and got carpel tunnel. cry This year... I got her one nice wrap (she likes these) and a gift card to Kohl's. Also this year, my in-laws and I are nixing gifts to each other. Thank goodness, because they always get me something useless (last year it was a used copy of Battlelore... WITHOUT THE FIGURES), and I give them something they like and use (I see them use it). They knew I like board gaming, dang, at least do some research to see what is hot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fear The Clown
msg tools
mbmbmb
JamesWolfpacker wrote:
feartheclown wrote:

4 years ago my wife begged for a Cricut for Christmas. I got it. Not been touched. 3 years ago she begged for a laminator. I got it. I used it a lot, and she never touched it. 2 years ago she begged for an immersion blender. I thought... oh yeah, she'll use this so I got it. NOPE! Last year her parents got her a WII. So I bought her some WII games. SHE USED IT!!! ...and got carpel tunnel. cry This year... I got her one nice wrap (she likes these) and a gift card to Kohl's. Also this year, my in-laws and I are nixing gifts to each other. Thank goodness, because they always get me something useless (last year it was a used copy of Battlelore... WITHOUT THE FIGURES), and I give them something they like and use (I see them use it). They knew I like board gaming, dang, at least do some research to see what is hot.

Oh man there is so much you can do with the Cricut. My wife has been doing it just for fun though I've wanted her to open up a thing on Etsy and she's refused, we're financially in a good place so for her it's been all about the fun and she does lack confidence in these things as well.

So she started making some ornaments this year to give to people at her work and someone offered to buy 1. She came home and I used this opportunity to convince her to do a local only testrun mainly with work as my job as a for sale board. She spent about $90 in supplies and turned that into $300 with me having listed the ornaments mid day this very last Wednesday.

The things this device can do are so amazing, the sky is definitely the limit and you can easily turn it into some extra cash. So the wife is finally on board with popping on Etsy. We are also going to buy a 3D printer at some point next year and I hope to join the field of folks selling board game accessories on Etsy.

That is about the 1 positive I can say came out of Terraforming Mars which if you've played you'll understand that dashboards for the player mats are almost a required purchase, 1 table bump will wreck the whole night. So I discovered all the stuff being sold on Etsy that I wanted to buy and decided heck we might as well make this stuff AND sell it if there is a market for it. Who knows, we may even wind up being able to do some of the stuff better and cheaper than what's available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DocCool wrote:
SoylentRed wrote:

I just saw that it wasn’t approved. I’ll have to check why and re-upload when I can sit down at my computer (Christmas is getting in the way of my work ).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mortenmdk wrote:
DocCool wrote:
SoylentRed wrote:

I just saw that it wasn’t approved. I’ll have to check why and re-upload when I can sit down at my computer (Christmas is getting in the way of my work ).

I don't understand the reason I was given of the upload to be declined (I was told that the file had already been uploaded, which is hasn't. Maybe, I uploaded the wrong file last time.

So, I've re-uploaded the file with clarifying remarks and questions.

Hope it's accepted this time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wolfpacker
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
They probably thought you were violating copyright not realizing permission was granted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JamesWolfpacker wrote:
They probably thought you were violating copyright not realizing permission was granted.

When you indicate that you do not own the rights to a file you’re forced to write a note a out this and this worked fine. The problem is that they want me to upload the card file on the same file page as the Automa rulebook.

EDIT: I asked about this and got a reply back from an admin explaining this. I still do not understand why.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soylent Green
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Stop hovering over me!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Any luck? Or we still in moderator limbo?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SoylentRed wrote:
Any luck? Or we still in moderator limbo?

After talking to the admin, I uploaded the card file to the file page of the Automa rulebook an hour ago (most of the delay has been caused by me and Christmas, not the admin). I'll let you know when the file is approved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.