Subject: Terrible and Petty customer service rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
As I am writing this I am in the midst of trying to get replacements for the misprinted cards in Mystery of the Abbey with The Pilgrims' Chronicles. Well I got my copy in a math trade and the previous owner registered it on their website. When I tried to register it under my account (the only way to qualify for the replacement cards) I am told someone else already registered it.
Ok.. I think to myself... No problem. Just reach out to customer service.
So I do. And I tell them the situation. They ask for the code. I give them the code. They say it's registered to another person. "Yeah.. hence why I contacted you" and I even send them a picture of the rule book with the code in question. They respond that to get the game registered to me I need to contact the previous owner and have them email DoW saying to switch the code over to me. Well I reached out to the person in question.. I'll see if they respond. But hoenstly.. what if I didn't keep track of that? What if they don't check their bgg acount? What if I had thrifted the game?

This is all because THEY screwed up their print run of game.

This has been the most annoying and petty customer service I have ever dealt with...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Take joy from your wins; take lessons from your losses.
United States
Davidsonville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

An indication of how much the industry has changed. Ten years ago Days of Wonder (when it was its own company) would have sent you the replacement without a single question, short of where you'd like it shipped.

The age of board games as a cottage industry is over.

S.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darryl with one "R"
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Obviously, Days of Wonder want to ensure that nobody begins hoarding replacement parts for Mystery of the Abbey with The Pilgrims' Chronicles, thus cornering the market and being able to re-sell those parts for a lot of money on the black market.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
Sagrilarus wrote:

An indication of how much the industry has changed. Ten years ago Days of Wonder (when it was its own company) would have sent you the replacement without a single question, short of where you'd like it shipped.

The age of board games as a cottage industry is over.

S.

I disagree with this ENTIRELY.
I have had numerous encounters with FFG and Asmodee in general before and after the massive buy ups and I have to say they were always nice, helpful and went out of their way to help fix any problems.
I have had a couple dealings with DoW before and I never walked away saying "These guys are amazing". Once encounter was adequate the other left me feeling that they really didn't care about the end gamer as anything more than a cash cow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexiane Achard
France
flag msg tools
Hello,

I'm sorry to read how much you are disappointed about the customer service.
I think we misunderstand : we are going to send you the replacement cards, we have never say the opposite. We ask for the webcard to verify that you have the game - As you had send me a picture of the rulebook this is ok.

But, I'm sorry if you want to register the game on your account that have been buy from a second hand I need to have the authorization of the first owner.

I hope everything is more clear know
Have a nice day
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.