Subject: Phase 4 - Drawing Two Cards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chester Hsu
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
For Phase 4, when taking 2 cards from the supply and placing them in your hand (behind all your other bean cards), wouldn’t your hand fluctuate in size? Isn’t your hand always supposed to have 5 cards? Depending if place on or twomcards in Phase 1, and/or if you gift a card from your hand to your opponent, you could end up with no cards at some point in your hand (or a bunch). Am I not understanding this correctly? Haven’t actually played the game yet so just theorizing here and I’m not getting it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wolfpacker
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Yes, your hand size will change during the game and can be as low a zero until you draw 2 bean cards in phase 4.

For instance you can plant 1 instead of 2 cards (now 4 in hand + Bohnus cards) and give a gift from the 3 you draw in phase 2. Then when you draw 2 cards you'll have 6 in hand + Bohnus cards.

You can also plant 2 cards to start and then gift 1 from your hand (now 2 in hand + Bohnus cards) and then when you draw 2 more there will be 4 cards + Bohnus.

If you gift during the other player's turn it will have to come from your hand anyway.

You can even play this game as an app.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Hildenbrand
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
silver604 wrote:
For Phase 4, when taking 2 cards from the supply and placing them in your hand (behind all your other bean cards), wouldn’t your hand fluctuate in size? Isn’t your hand always supposed to have 5 cards? Depending if place on or twomcards in Phase 1, and/or if you gift a card from your hand to your opponent, you could end up with no cards at some point in your hand (or a bunch). Am I not understanding this correctly? Haven’t actually played the game yet so just theorizing here and I’m not getting it.

Hello,

really sounds like you havn't played the game yet. ;-)

There are completely different developments of your hand cards during the games. Sometimes you go down to zero, sometimes you have 6, 7 or 8 cards in your hand. Depends of some many things. But usually the number of cards in your hand get less.

Drawing 2 cards at the end of your turn ensures that you will have at least one card at the begin of your next turn (as you only can loose a card by giving it as a gift in your opponents turn). So in any case you have to plant a bean card from your hand in phase 1 of your next turn.

Try the game, just play a few games. You will see that drawing these two cards makes sense finally. ;-)

Best regards
Christian

Editorial Team
AMIGO

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.