Robert Fox
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
Fear cannot be banished, but it can be calm and without panic; it can be mitigated by reason and evaluation.
badge
A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals, and you know it.
mbmbmbmbmb
What happens when completing a quest calls for trashing the quest, but other characters are on the quest card?

The quest resolution indicates only the character that completed the quest moves off the card then trashes the quest, but other characters are still on the card.

I can argue both sides for moving all the characters off the card AND only trashing the card once every character manages to work their way off the card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Scatliff
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
It's about time, too.
badge
I hate overtext but love irony.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Trash a Quest Card Question (Non Specific Spoiler)
Umm... wat? You mean physically on top of the card? When and how and why is that happening?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Fox
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
Fear cannot be banished, but it can be calm and without panic; it can be mitigated by reason and evaluation.
badge
A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals, and you know it.
mbmbmbmbmb
Smoo wrote:
Umm... wat? You mean physically on top of the card? When and how and why is that happening?

Only read if you REALLY want to. My only disappointment with the quest is that I'll never be surprised by it again.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
quest 104. Basically a character is abducted by aliens and must either talk their way out (difficult but harmless) over a series of turns, or fight their way out (very difficult) with punishing results for failure. The quest also seeds another quest. If someone comes across that quest before the first player makes their way off the ship, they too are sucked into the UFO and both are trapped.

After contemplating it I decided the quest is trashed and everyone on the card is dumped onto the single space of the completing character's choosing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Abel
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
The card I'm thinking of has two ways to conclude it and allows multiple players to compete for which way that happens. But once one of the two resolutions is met, it's everyone off and card is trashed.

i type s l o w l y

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corban Caldwell
msg tools
Yep that was a fun card. Stole that quest from the person trying to escape for several turns by doing the other quest, by then i only needed to test once and bingo. Won the game cause they were stu k there for so long i could finish all the other influence gather quests.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.