4 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question About Nickname Settlement Event rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark A
msg tools
I’m confused about the Nickname SE.

At the bottom of the card it says if you have the Pictograph innovation you may spend an endeavor and an organ to roll a d10 to rename. On a 1, you simply reroll on the charts, but on a 2+ it says: “You may change your first name.” What benefit is it to change your first name? Do you just reroll on the 1st table and not all 3? Am I missing something?

Thanks to those that can help clarify this for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
RAW, it's a gimmick and has no game applications other than the extremely rare things that interact with names, and probably not then. I think it might be able to remove surnames, which is occasionally an advantage?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Death Jester
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Names in Kingdom Death also have value and can be traded, forgotten or stolen. This would be a way to give yourself a name again. Naming yourself also gives you 1 survival.

In an interview, Adam once spoke about a player who lost their name and had no sense of self so he could not spend survival. Although I'm yet to see this in any hunt event or rule form in the games I've played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C SS
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DeathJester23 wrote:

In an interview, Adam once spoke about a player who lost their name and had no sense of self so he could not spend survival. Although I'm yet to see this in any hunt event or rule form in the games I've played.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
The phoenix can do that
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.