64 Posts
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

Root» Forums » General

Subject: Conspiracy part on cards Removed? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stefan S.
msg tools
Since in the new Update(+comments) Cole talks about the change of the woodland alliance and the removing of the Conspiracy system, does that also mean,the green conspiracy-part on the cards will be removed?

I mean it would make sense, since with the expansion there are a lot of setups playing without the alliance and this part would not make any sense then.
Just curious
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabian
Switzerland
Bern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Whaaat? Wow, that's a big change. I kind of liked the conspiracies. I wonder what will replace them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cole Wehrle
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
"Work as if you live in the early days of a better nation"
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup. The Conspiracy system got the ax.

It wasn't a decision that I made lightly, but it was one that had to happen. In the next week or so I'm hoping to write a designer diary about the last month of development, the challenges that we've run into, and why the Alliance needed such a dramatic change. I'll share more about how the new system works there too.

And yeah...it helped clean up the layout a lot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan S.
msg tools
Wow,the new design looks way better than then the old. Especially the fact that you can see more of the art now - awesome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Saari
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
http://www.lautapeliopas.fi/ - the best Finnish board game resource!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Those are some seriously good-looking cards you got there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabian
Switzerland
Bern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cole Wehrle wrote:

It wasn't a decision that I made lightly, but it was one that had to happen. In the next week or so I'm hoping to write a designer diary about the last month of development, the challenges that we've run into, and why the Alliance needed such a dramatic change. I'll share more about how the new system works there too.

Wow, I'm intrigued. Can't wait to read the reasoning for this and what the system will be replaced with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Thompson
msg tools
Wow, the new cards look great! More of the art, plus those nicely designed boxes!

I like the hideout system (playing cards, face-up or face-down, that you can pick up again if the hideout isn't destroyed) but will definitely keep an open mind, just in case it had to go to make way for something else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Friedberg
United States
claypool
IN
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Golly, that IS a pretty big change. Looking forward to reading the diary!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Bernardo
Taiwan
Taipei
flag msg tools
badge
Wargame? Eurogame? Ameritrash? Asia!! Check out Asian board game reviews at CardboardEast.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! That's a huge change! I really liked the Woodland Alliance too. How will they operate now?!? I'm so curious.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elias Helfer
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is a very neat layout for the cards!

At the same time, I am a little sad - I thought the multi-use cards were quite neat.

I am noticing that the bird card has a mouse icon in the slot in the lower left and in the top right, while the bunny has a bunny in those places... a hint of the new WA mechanic?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pillar Monkey
United States
California
flag msg tools
or just the crafting cost shown in two places. we'll see
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anjovi Kulam
Canada
Prince George
British Columbia
flag msg tools
this makes alot of sense to me, having played the game. It seemed that downtime was generally due to the WA player having to setup a whole string of card interactions. I wouldn't be surprised if it was changed for this reason alone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jakub Suszek
Poland
flag msg tools
mb
Was just about to complete my PnP to try it out...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cole Wehrle
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gr3yDeath wrote:
Was just about to complete my PnP to try it out...

Well, rest assured that it'll be several weeks before I get the new PnP out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
adam wilson

Oklahoma
msg tools
I like the new card layout. The old one was too busy and confused new players.I think you are right to streamline the Woodland Alliance. Have you looked any further into a card or player aid that gives a general overview for all factions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Leder
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
anjovi154 wrote:
this makes alot of sense to me, having played the game. It seemed that downtime was generally due to the WA player having to setup a whole string of card interactions. I wouldn't be surprised if it was changed for this reason alone.

I have played against but I played as the WA yesterday in its current state and I have to say its a lot smoother and I feel like you are much more involved in the game, beyond juggling cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Furman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Love it! The art can really shine now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cole Wehrle
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
adam wilson wrote:
Have you looked any further into a card or player aid that gives a general overview for all factions?

I'm not convinced it'll be needed, but we'll be doing a lot of usability testing in January and will revisit it then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T.J.
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahh! That’s the change. I think this is definitely the right decision. The conspiracy system was fun for the experienced player but it’s a much cleaner design to have WA interact with all the cards in the same way everyone else does. I’m looking forward to seeing the changes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T.J.
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The cards look much better as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chakroun Karim
France
Besancon
Franche-Comté
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Wow big change and nice new layout. I'm wondering if it's possible to have a bit more details about the rules changes before the end of the backerkit survey, one of my friends would like to piggyback on my pledge, but that's big a change is unsettling.

Cole Wehrle wrote:

And yeah...it helped clean up the layout a lot.

:)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Thompson
msg tools
As it stands right now, the Backerkit survey locks down on May 1st, and the new PNP version goes up around the end of January. So there is plenty of time to check out the changes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Up Front fan | In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this | Combat Commander series fan | The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me! | Fields of Fire fan
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
GreenM wrote:
anjovi154 wrote:

I have played against but I played as the WA yesterday in its current state and I have to say its a lot smoother and I feel like you are much more involved in the game, beyond juggling cards.

This is what our group is also finding in our current game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chakroun Karim
France
Besancon
Franche-Comté
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Hank Pants wrote:
As it stands right now, the Backerkit survey locks down on May 1st, and the new PNP version goes up around the end of January. So there is plenty of time to check out the changes.

Funny, I see survey deadline is January 5 so I guess there's something I'm not understanding...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Thompson
msg tools
carthaginian wrote:
Hank Pants wrote:

Funny, I see survey deadline is January 5 so I guess there's something I'm not understanding...

Weird. Does it actually say "January 5"? I can't check for myself, since I already filled it out.

I know there was some confusion because the date followed the American date format (MM/DD/YYYY), but the confirmation page and the creators' comments on the Kickstarter confirm it's May 1st.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.