BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: [iOS] Age of Rivals, Lords of Waterdeep, Agricola rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill Cook
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Can't recommend Age of Rivals enough.....

Age of Rivals $2 (usually $4): https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1082806154?uo=4&mt=8&at=10laz...

Lords of Waterdeep: $5 (usually $10): https://itunes.apple.com/app/id648019675?uo=4&mt=8&at=10lazE

Agricola: $5 (usually $7): https://itunes.apple.com/app/id561521557?uo=4&mt=8&at=10lazE
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave LaSalle
msg tools
mb
I second that-- Age of Rivals is a steal at $4 so at $2...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
Any opinions on the LoW app? Worth it?

I also recommend Age of Rivals - great game.

Also if anyone is interested, I saw a pre-order 20% off, lukewarm deal on anti hero:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/antihero-digital-board-game/...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xavier O'Donnell
Australia
Ringwood
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Waterdeep is one of the best tabletop game adaptions in my book. Have both the board game and app, fantastic worker placement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
biff pow
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I concur that the LoW app is one of the best board game apps. Great whether you're playing the AI or against others. Fantastic execution all around. I didn't really care as much for the physical game after playing the app :whistle:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Malcolm203 wrote:

I'm not even a fan of the physical game and I'll echo that the app is one of the best digital implementations ever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Maier
United States
Butler
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NuMystic wrote:
Malcolm203 wrote:

I'm not even a fan of the physical game and I'll echo that the app is one of the best digital implementations ever.
Reviews seem to indicate that the latest update ruined the UI. Any comment?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LDB
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
biffpow wrote:
I concur that the LoW app is one of the best board game apps. Great whether you're playing the AI or against others. Fantastic execution all around.

Totally agree that the LoW app is a great implementation. I appreciate all the little details, like how the board changes at night. It's fun to play against the AI, and I'm going to pretend I've been able to beat it at the highest difficulty setting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Harrison
United States
Beavercreek
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pahn wrote:
NuMystic wrote:
Malcolm203 wrote:

Reviews seem to indicate that the latest update ruined the UI. Any comment?

I prefer the new UI, I’ve played it more frequently since the change. However, I prefer landscape oriented UIs in general.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Flemons
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
Is there any discussion on Age of Rivals here on BGG?

It is not an actual Card Game, just digital right?

But is there any discussion comparing it to other games, or users explaining what they like/dislike about the game?
-----------------------------
Also, for games that do have apps, like for example Hold the Line, where do people discuss the app, NOT the physical game? Would it be on the games page, or is there particular place on BGG, like VideoGameGeek, where people discuss iOS & Android implementations of board & card games?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light. -BMO
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone have an opinion regarding Age of Rivals iOS vs PC?

The only thing holding me back from buying it is that I wonder (with no evidence) if it's a slimmed down version of the PC game. Info is hard to find.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Maier
United States
Butler
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nate3473 wrote:
Well, I downloaded it and played a few games last night. It's interesting, but it plays a little slow for my liking. It says 15 minutes, and that's probably accurate, but I think I would have been happier with about 10-12 minutes.

Faster animations would help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mateenyweeny
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Raks Raks Raks
mbmbmbmbmb
Nate3473 wrote:

It is not an actual Card Game, just digital right?

But is there any discussion comparing it to other games, or users explaining what they like/dislike about the game?
-----------------------------
Also, for games that do have apps, like for example Hold the Line, where do people discuss the app, NOT the physical game? Would it be on the games page, or is there particular place on BGG, like VideoGameGeek, where people discuss iOS & Android implementations of board & card games?

Sometimes people will post app related threads in the BGG page but if the mods get word, they will quickly move them to die in VGG.

All board game app implementations should have VGG pages but they are often full of cobwebs.

Age of Rivals

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
Pahn wrote:
Nate3473 wrote:
Well, I downloaded it and played a few games last night. It's interesting, but it plays a little slow for my liking. It says 15 minutes, and that's probably accurate, but I think I would have been happier with about 10-12 minutes.

Faster animations would help.

Agreed 100%, and currently my only complaint. Once you get the hang of the game, the transitions go way too slow. The current fast mode is best described as "less slow".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike A
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
Just came to add that Age of Rivals is an amazing card game for $2. Very easy to learn with good depth and a nice progression system to keep one interested and add variety to the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Belmer
United States
Chesterfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ProgenitorX wrote:
Just came to add that Age of Rivals is an amazing card game for $2. Very easy to learn with good depth and a nice progression system to keep one interested and add variety to the game.

Agree, adding my praise of age of rivals, it's like a new spin on 7 wonders duel (which I love), definitely worth $2

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Novean
United States
Valencia
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zenmazster wrote:
ProgenitorX wrote:

Agree, adding my praise of age of rivals, it's like a new spin on 7 wonders duel (which I love), definitely worth $2

Same opinion here. Definitely worth $2. Already played for a few hours and received good value from the app.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.