14 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: Amazon - X-wing Force Awakens Starter pack $18.99 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Barth
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great price on the starter pack- cheaper than it was a few weeks ago during Amazon's 30% off sale.

I finally pulled the trigger to get into this game- excited to try it! Now will some of the expansions drop?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JPotter - Bits77
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
I enjoy designing / manufacturing game components and upgrades. Got a project? PM!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Awakens-X-Wing-Miniatures/d...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Piotrowski
United States
Doylestown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this really necessary if I already have 2 original core sets?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick E
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gpioski wrote:
Is this really necessary if I already have 2 original core sets?

It comes with new asteroids for competitive play, a new better-balanced damage deck that you can choose to use for competitive play, two First Order TIE Fighters (which have completely different statlines, pilots, and upgrades than regular TIE Fighters), and a Resistance T-70 X-Wing. It's the only way to get the BB-8 Astromech and the Elite upgrade "Wired" is in it (Wired is only in one other expansion, the Special Forces TIE expansion).
If you play competitively, it's a must for the damage deck alone. If you only play casually, Poe in a T-70 with BB-8 is fun to fly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lencioni
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
butchy21 wrote:
Great price on the starter pack- cheaper than it was a few weeks ago during Amazon's 30% off sale.

I finally pulled the trigger to get into this game- excited to try it! Now will some of the expansions drop?!

Nice price on this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason J
msg tools
I wish the Original Starter pack would go on sale 1 day....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Ramos
United States
Nolensville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MrPerfect1 wrote:

Agreed.

And although I've picked up the Force Awakens for $15 sometime ago in the past and it's nice to have the new models and deck, I still prefer to just get out an original X-Wing and a couple of TIEs, and have a good ol' fashion Star Wars '77 dogfight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's dropped a little bit, down to $18.00

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MrPerfect1 wrote:

CSI use to do targeted sales based on a expandable game for a bit. I wished they would go back to them once in a while.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
I am proud to have opposed those who describe all who oppose them as "Tender Flowers" and "Special Snowflakes".
badge
Check out Stately Play for news and reviews of games worth thinking about.
mbmb
Hmm. Tempting, just for the TIEs. I’ve been looking into Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, but it sounds like running three rebels ships would be better than two, which means I need two more basic TIEs (I’m happy to treat FO and regular TIEs interchangeably).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If it drops to $16, i'm biting

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Coel Williams
United States
Wichita Falls
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dang I have 3 original core, 2 fa cores...maybe in for a 3rd.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick B
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Scratch
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got an original and 2 TFA cores. At the end of the day, you get three ships for far less than they'd cost other side. Not to mention the extra dice, guides, markers, and other goodies. I'm not getting a THIRD TFA set, but I think for those trying to build some quick options for larger groups, or just get some more of the parts to make their games go faster, this is a cost effective way to go about it. Much nicer than always having to pass all the different guides and dice around imo. I may just be spoiled, but it does genuinely make the game go faster.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.