Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
Humble Store Link
Steam Store Link

Normal Price $14.99

Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes

This is a video game, but it's a great face to face co-op where only one person is actually using the "game" and everyone else references a bomb defusal manual (found here) to instruct the player on the computer how to disable the bomb.

VIDEO MAY CONTAIN ADULT LANGUAGE! I HAVE NOT SCREENED THE VIDEO BEFORE POSTING!

If you have a computer in your gaming space or a laptop, I highly recommend this if you like real time games, co-ops, puzzle games, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2007/03/28
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you! I had not heard of this game but it looks fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean F
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's super fun for a few evenings. You're going to want a binder, sheet protectors (8.5 x 11, not card sleeves ) and some dry erase markers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it is very fun. I've done only the first few parts of the campaign but I'm looking forward to playing more of it. Highly recommended!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
cunning stunt wrote:
It's super fun for a few evenings. You're going to want a binder, sheet protectors (8.5 x 11, not card sleeves ) and some dry erase markers.

A binder? I'm making 4!

Although I prefer scratch paper to dry erase for notes and what not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Little Wizard
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Video was hilarious! (I didn't notice any adult language.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob
United States
Elkhorn
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
get off of the computer.
badge
play the games you have.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, this game is a great digital + physical combo. Very fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Little Wizard wrote:
Video was hilarious! (I didn't notice any adult language.)

Yeah, You just never know with you tube and I know that this game has pushed me to using some adult language.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I play this with my Google Pixel and Daydream VR googles. Great game. Get's really hard when you to do 6 modules.

I originally had the sheets bound, but it was easier to keep the sheets loose so we could find the pages we needed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
Madison Heights
Virginia
flag msg tools
See the Legendary forums for monthly solo leagues!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played this during lunch at work, with the bomb defuser in one room and the people with the instructions in another while we communicate over speaker phones. It really makes the game work even better that way, because you don't have to be in the room with the bomb if it explodes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonty
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the heads up, never heard of this as well and it looks like a lot of fun. What's the best amount of players this would work with aside from the one looking at the screen? 1-3 "experts"? Too many and I assume there's not much to do for some of them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob
United States
Elkhorn
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
get off of the computer.
badge
play the games you have.
mbmbmbmbmb
2 would be best, in my opinion. One for the bomb, one for the manual.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean F
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
emodiu5 wrote:
2 would be best, in my opinion. One for the bomb, one for the manual.
Playing with 3 or 4 defusers is really fun. Coordinating the work is the big challenge, a bit like the captain role in Captain Sonar.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
Madison Heights
Virginia
flag msg tools
See the Legendary forums for monthly solo leagues!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, there's no way you're surviving anything past the early challenges with only one person helping. The person at the bomb has to start shouting out everything they can see while the others are simultaneously figuring out how to defuse their own component. You can scale the difficulty of the bomb by the number of players, but it can handle 3-4 easily, probably more, but I haven't seen too much of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony C
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you! I've been wanting to play this game forever. Maybe I can try it this Christmas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.