Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Charterstone» Forums » Rules

Subject: Game 1 - Rule 18 Building 'foreign' Buildings and Opening 'foreign' crates rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Floho Halabalusa
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hey there,

we just finished our first round of Charterstone.

A question arose during this session:

Can you build a 'foreign' building?

In our first game one person sold one of 'their' building cards of his charter. Soon after that this card was available on the market. Can I buy it and build it somewhen in my own charter?

Second Question:
Can i open up 'foreign' crates as well and by that gain access over additional Roles?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
Australia
Ellen Grove
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Game 1 - Rule 18 Building 'foreign' Buildings
Yes, you may build any buildings you acquire.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Ward
United States
Newport News
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the FAQ:

Quote:
Buildings: There’s no connection between any buildings (other than basic resource buildings) and any specific charter, so if you have a building card–any card–you can construct it. The only eligible location to construct a building is in your charter. This is noted on Rule 19 (card 14: Constructing a Building).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not only *can* you do that, you *should*. That'll show that other charter that they shouldn't squander the materials the Forever King has so generously provided...

whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Floho Halabalusa
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarification. However, it made me think about 'foreign' crates and 'foreign' roles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.