A Feast for Odin» Forums » Rules

Subject: A few newbie rules questions/clarifications rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Blakely
msg tools
mbmb
Hi all,

1) a players supply is the resources, etc. that they had in front of them *before* they place them upon a board, correct? Once on the board htey are no longer part of a players "supply"?

2) The silver that may accumulate on the expansion boards is returned to the general supply once a player purchases the board? In what way is this encouraging a player to purchase a board?

3) I believe this was addressed, but I don't see it on the errata chart I printed out from here. If there is only silver remaining upon a mountain board, and you reach the stage to remove items from the board, does the silver on the board get returned to the general supply and the board get removed, or is a board with only silver on it 'immune' to this effect?

I thought I read a post where a board with only silver did not have its silver removed and then the board removed?

Thanks and regards,

SNAFU

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Major SNAFU wrote:
Hi all,

1) a players supply is the resources, etc. that they had in front of them *before* they place them upon a board, correct? Once on the board htey are no longer part of a players "supply"?

Correct

Quote:
2) The silver that may accumulate on the expansion boards is returned to the general supply once a player purchases the board? In what way is this encouraging a player to purchase a board?

No, the player gets the coins that are there when they take the board. You may be confusing this with the rule that, if/when the board flips, any coins on it at that time are returned. It then starts accumulating coins again the following round until someone takes it.

Quote:
3) I believe this was addressed, but I don't see it on the errata chart I printed out from here. If there is only silver remaining upon a mountain board, and you reach the stage to remove items from the board, does the silver on the board get returned to the general supply and the board get removed, or is a board with only silver on it 'immune' to this effect?
The left-most thing always gets removed from each mountain strip during that phase. If it's a coin, it's a coin. If there are TWO sets of coins as the left-most things on the board, only remove ONE of them, not ALL of them. This confuses lots of people.

Quote:
I thought I read a post where a board with only silver did not have its silver removed and then the board removed?
No, not true.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Blakely
msg tools
mbmb
Thanks very much for the quick reply.

Cheers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.