Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
Just started playtesting All Bridges Burning, literally days ago. I'm already helping out with Gandhi: The Decolonization of British India, 1917 – 1947 and thought that would be enough to keep me busy over the winter months. But it's cold and dark here in Minnesota, so I figured what the hell, throw another log on the fire, I mean what else do I have to do?

The board is similar in size as Cuba Libre, though my map is probably a little bigger since I like to BLOW UP my maps. The more room the better.

The three factions:

Sequence of Play. Unlike most of the other COIN games, but somewhat similar to Colonial Twilight, there is no pre printed order on the event cards. It's possible for ALL three factions to go on ONE card. So again, just like in CT, I love this new way of doing the Sequence of Play, it adds another element of tactics to the game.

The game in action. It's definitely a LOW dudes on map density. Even less pieces on the board than CL? Maybe.

How complicated or deep is this game compared to the other COIN titles? Hard to say at this point. It's more complicated than Cuba Libre, but definitely less complicated than the other "smaller" COIN game, Falling Sky. But only having three factions will speed this game up. I'm not going to go into much more right now, since I barely know what I'm doing at this point. And things may change anyway.

Overall, I'm really liking this so far. Again, somehow, even though this is the 10th installment in the COIN series, it's very different than anything that has come before it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vez A
Germany
Kiel
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Thanks so much for posting, Gordon! A great looking set!

Just a tiny error I noted: the fortifications don‘t go in the capability box but straight onto the map (and that in Phase I already). Thematically that‘s the faction stashing weapons, sandbags and food in particular locations in preparation for war.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.