Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kurt Györög
Austria
Klagenfurt
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
how does this card work:

1. i shuffle this card to the other terror cards in play? Right?

2. if this card is revealed for the first time what happens:
if any escape demand has already been conceded, the abductor escapes: does this mean, if i have already conceded any escape demand at the time when the terror card is revealed for the first time, i have lost the game because the abductor has escaped?

3. when may i use the effect of this terror card:
i must use the cards effect at the time when this card is revealed for the first time? Or can i put the card aside an use it any time i want to use the effect of the card at a later during the game?

Greetings and thanks for any help with this card ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.J. Porfirio
United States
Thompsons Station
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
What Van Ryder Game are YOU playing?
mbmbmbmbmb
Topolino wrote:
how does this card work:

1. i shuffle this card to the other terror cards in play? Right?

With the Red Terror cards, correct.

Quote:

if any escape demand has already been conceded, the abductor escapes: does this mean, if i have already conceded any escape demand at the time when the terror card is revealed for the first time, i have lost the game because the abductor has escaped?

Correct. This can only happen if you used the effect of "Delayed Escape" the first time it was drawn.

Quote:

3. when may i use the effect of this terror card:
i must use the cards effect at the time when this card is revealed for the first time? Or can i put the card aside an use it any time i want to use the effect of the card at a later during the game?

You must use it in the Conversation Phase immediately after the Terror Card is drawn. If you do not concede an Escape Demand, the Terror Card is simply discarded.

Hope that helps!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Györög
Austria
Klagenfurt
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Quote:
how does this card work:

Correct. This can only happen if you used the effect of "Delayed Escape" the first time it was drawn.

This is (sadly) not absolute clear to me - example:

the play is going on and i conceded an escape demand regulary in the last conversation.
two conversations later in the terror phase i reveal the "Delayed Escape" terror card.
so i immediately have lost the game because there is a conceded escape demand (which was conceded a while before in the game and has nothing in common with the "Delayed Escape" terror card) when i draw the "Delayed Escape" terror card for the first time (without ever using it) and the abductor escapes.

is this right?

This would also mean that, if the "Delayed Escape" terror card is in play, i can every time lose the game immediately when i concede an Escape Demand before the "Delayed Escape" terror card was drawn?

In other words, i should never concede an Escape Demand before i have drawn the "Delayed Escape" terror card, if this card is in play (if possible)?

Greetings and thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.J. Porfirio
United States
Thompsons Station
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
What Van Ryder Game are YOU playing?
mbmbmbmbmb
Topolino wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
how does this card work:

This is (sadly) not absolute clear to me - example:

the play is going on and i conceded an escape demand regulary in the last conversation.
two conversations later in the terror phase i reveal the "Delayed Escape" terror card.
so i immediately have lost the game because there is a conceded escape demand (which was conceded a while before in the game and has nothing in common with the "Delayed Escape" terror card) when i draw the "Delayed Escape" terror card for the first time (without ever using it) and the abductor escapes.

is this right?

This would also mean that, if the "Delayed Escape" terror card is in play, i can every time lose the game immediately when i concede an Escape Demand before the "Delayed Escape" terror card was drawn?

In other words, i should never concede an Escape Demand before i have drawn the "Delayed Escape" terror card, if this card is in play (if possible)?

Greetings and thanks

The normal penalty for every escape demand is that the Abductor Escapes at the end of the turn. If that happens, you lose. So it is not possible to concede an Escape Demand and continue the game unless Delayed Escape was used. The scenario you suggested is not possible.

Think about it thematically and it should help to understand.

Oh and to answer your last question, you can concede escape demands sure, but you need to plan on winning the game that turn. They are meant to be a last attempt effort to gain an advantage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Györög
Austria
Klagenfurt
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok ...
Thanks so much ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.