Popular Tags: [View All]
Jed Litwiller
United States
McPherson
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello-

FLGS owner of two stores here. We, as with a several other FLGS owners in Kansas have been pretty frustrated with the relationship between Alliance and ANA.

This afternoon I sent a fairly lengthy email to ANA, explaining the problems we've had with Alliance, and I want to publicly encourage other FLGS owners to send feedback to do the same. I sent them an email to these two addresses, which I found on their website, but I also sent them a message on their ANA Facebook page.

pr@asmodeena.com
salesaccounts@asmodeena.com

I don't want to get into the details on this post, but if you'd like I can forward to you my original email to ANA. Hope this sparks some change for the better.

Jed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Bush
United States
West Decatur
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
At all cost
badge
"Some fights will just get you bloody"
mbmbmbmbmb
Considering they hope to help you by their policy, I hope they support you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A H
msg tools
Is this about issues with getting new product? I can't speak from an FLGS point of view, but very few new titles seemed to have been allocated unless you waited until the last minute to pre-order. Higher volume is going to get you more product, but that's how it is in most wholesale businesses.

Is the issue with missing/damaged product? If you have a good rep, both of those issues should be taken care of immediately. Maybe you just need to request a new sales rep?

I think FLGSs have a leg up on OLGS when it comes to ANA, seeing they get much better discounts AND are allowed to sell online.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacovis
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bootz wrote:

I think FLGSs have a leg up on OLGS when it comes to ANA, seeing they get much better discounts AND are allowed to sell online.

This isn't true. My FLGSs cannot sell online. They are not part of that special group that ANA decided sells enough merchandise to allow them to continue operating online.

I'll grant that I'm very anti big corporation, and I'm not trying to be an alarmist, but the potential for harm to consumers and small businesses is worth looking into. Not that I'm confident that anything will be done about it, but it should at least be countered whenever and wherever possible, in my opinion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Powers
United States
Spokane Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
My understanding is that the "special" rule is gone, and anyone can sell Asmodee products any way they like, as long a they abide by the MAP rules.

At least that's what I was told by an Asmodee contact a few months ago.

Tom
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.