Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Houle
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have read the updates from the Kickstarter from the designer saying that he printed "so many copies" that he expects the game to be on shelves for some time to come and "no need to bother with waiting in line at your FLGS". This initially made me feel at ease about missing it again, which is why I didn't back the 2nd kickstarter because I needed the money and figured this would be the case. Now I see every online sites preorders completely sold out INCLUDING FUNAGAIN who has all the copies I believe and who states they pulled it from preorder so they don't oversell and the main page says they are not stocking because its out of print. Anyways I'm thinking it will be at local stores for a day...so you might want to stand in line! My local stores say their copies are all spoken for with preorders. Any info updates or thoughts??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Ehlers
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
I love you!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm curious too. The hype machine has pushed this to #2 in the ratings and there are a lot of people frothing to get their hands on it. Might blow out of stock again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Cwertetschka
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Gloomhaven: Forgotten Circles!
mbmbmbmbmb
Isaac said at essen he will reprint the base game as long as there is some demand for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bruce ross
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Here in Seattle, I called 8 or 9 stores and the shortest pre-order line was #9

A couple stores (the larger ones) were at #30+

Luckily I found a store a couple hours north of me (I visit often) and I'm #3. Still, no guarantee I'll get one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If you are diligent I think you will be able to buy it. Some copies will show up on Amazon and/or some local game store will have some copies. People will not pick up their pre-orders etc.

However, this means you actively searching and jumping on buying copies as soon as you see them. If your local game store has 2 copies sitting on the shelf don't pass it up figuring you will buy it next week.

If you see it in the hot deals forum, jump on it quick. Don't figure you will wait until next paycheck* to buy it and then be sad it is out of stock.

*If you can't afford it and need to wait until you get paid - please consider your budget carefully and decide if you can really afford the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat E. Cakes
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Also, don't expect all walk-up retail sales to be at the MSRP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex P
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don’t think the Funagain pull is a datapoint. They have the retail copies, but as a distributor. Most of those copies are committed already to other stores.

There are many copies in stock. If they run out, Cephalofair will print more of them. You will be able to get the game, even if you don’t get it right now. (Which has always been the plan.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ontario
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I sincerely hope they don't run out right away since I'm also in line for a retail copy. It's hard to wait when people are acting like it is the Gloomhaven stock apocalypse. Nonetheless, Isaac has indicated that there will be enough and that people just need to be patient. Also, that he intended for Gloomhaven to constantly be in stock in game stores. So, I've been trying to ignore the frenzy until the mid-January announcement.

In reality, if a game is that high in demand it would be bad business (and lost profits) for Isaac to refuse a reprint. If there really is a scarcity that quickly, I'm certain he will try to get another print run in the works. After all, that extra $100-$300 people are paying on eBay, Amazon, etc. right now is not going to Cephalofair. That money goes to the people profiting off of the panic of others.

Nevertheless, it would be nice if Isaac would post something again to address the "what if stock runs out??" question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Brost
Canada
Chilliwack
BC
flag msg tools
mbmb
Starlit citadel in Vancouver has copies available for purchase right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Edward33 wrote:

Seems like that's breaching the contract that Isaac alluded to regarding distributors needing to wait for retail sales until all distributors had received their copies (which hasn't happened yet).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Up Front fan | In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this | Combat Commander series fan | The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me! | Fields of Fire fan
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
Edward33 wrote:

In person, I assume, because their OLGS shows -86 copies and only a pre-order button.

P.S. It's been 20 years since I lived out in Vancouver, have housing prices come down, yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walter Melnyk
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Starlit is holding the game like everyone else and as one of the 86 who pre-purchased I'm disappointed to continue to wait after ordering in late summer. Vancouver housing remains completely mad and will be the ONLY issue in the 2018 election.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I walked into a store earlier this month that was selling copies and i hadn't even received my kickstarter yet and i was one of the first people on bgg that got my copy. That's how i knew copies were coming out. I am surprised more stores arent selling them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
elitusprime
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Man, Sub-creator, the refracted Light through whom is splintered from a single White to many hues, and endlessly combined in living shapes that move from mind to mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
Retail stock levels are addressed in this post.

Short answer is: There should be plenty.

http://www.cephalofair.com/2017/12/whats-happening-gloomhave...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Houle
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
elitusprime wrote:
Retail stock levels are addressed in this post.

Short answer is: There should be plenty.

http://www.cephalofair.com/2017/12/whats-happening-gloomhave...

That is the post I'm referring to Brent, I'm pretty sure he is wrong...its looking sold-out/on the shelf for a day or three.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.