Subject: Playbook Tutorial Error on “Recruits”? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott D
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Tutorial in the Playbook has the Saxons executing the shaded text of “Recruits” and sending Dux Cavalry to Casualties. However, the card explicitly states that the removed Cavalry go to Available. Is the error in the Tutorial’s execution or is the card incorrect? Event text quoted below.

Quote:
Select up to 3 spaces with no Fort. Remove half the Cavalry in each space (round up) to Available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgane Gouyon-Rety
Canada
Montreal
QC
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Scottland wrote:
The Tutorial in the Playbook has the Saxons executing the shaded text of “Recruits” and sending Dux Cavalry to Casualties. However, the card explicitly states that the removed Cavalry go to Available. Is the error in the Tutorial’s execution or is the card incorrect? Event text quoted below.

Quote:
Select up to 3 spaces with no Fort. Remove half the Cavalry in each space (round up) to Available.
The card (thankfully) is correct. The removed Cavalry in this case goes to the Dux Available box, not the Casualties box...
Damn, it seems it is indeed impossible to get a tutorial mistake-free... :-( We tried though...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott D
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GouyonRety wrote:
Damn, it seems it is indeed impossible to get a tutorial mistake-free... :-( We tried though...

Having played through the rest of the Tutorial, I realized that it did not affect anything, since the Roman Rule with Military Dominance during the Epoch Round meant they all went back to Available anyway. Plus, like you said, at least the card is correct, which makes for a much easier fix.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Karfoot
United Kingdom
Southampton
Hampshire
flag msg tools
Marc - will you be producing an errata sheet for Pendragon?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgane Gouyon-Rety
Canada
Montreal
QC
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
david karfoot wrote:
Marc - will you be producing an errata sheet for Pendragon?
Yes. I've got an Errata and Clarifications sheet that I'm keeping updated as stuff comes... :-( Have been talking with Volko about this but I'm thinking of starting posting it (and updating as needed) very soon now that the game is getting into players' hands. Watch this space!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P. Fowler
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
We provide...
badge
The rich and powerful take what they want. We steal it back for you.
mbmbmbmbmb
If I may submit a bit of errata, Catuvellauni is listed under both Clear and Fens in the Spaces List on the back of the Playbook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgane Gouyon-Rety
Canada
Montreal
QC
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Turbine2k5 wrote:
If I may submit a bit of errata, Catuvellauni is listed under both Clear and Fens in the Spaces List on the back of the Playbook.
Damn! The simplest things... :-( It should be Corieltauvi instead of Catuvellauni under Fens... Added to the sheet... Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Gilbertson
United States
Duluth
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

~ dang, "perfection" remains as elusive as ever!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy del Rio
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sticky errata. Please!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.