Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy Newman
United States
Las Vegas
NV
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, the game description reads: Your journey through Charterstone's many secrets will last twelve games, but it doesn’t end there. Your completed village will be a one-of-a-kind worker-placement game with plenty of variability.

Does this mean after I play the 12 games I will have a game to play over and over again using the board that was created using the pieces the game comes with?

Also, About how much total game time does Charterstone play in the original 12 games?

Thanks and sorry if someone asked these before. I couldn't find them elsewhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The legacy campaign is 12 games long, roughly 1 hour per game. After that, you have two choices. You can continue playing on the finished game board you created during the campaign, which is supposed to be a fully playable (and replayable) worker-placement game in it's own right (but no longer a legacy game, once the last few legacy elements are complete). Your second option is to buy a recharge kit, allowing you to play the legacy campaign a second time -- this time on the reverse side of the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Ward
United States
Newport News
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, after the campaign of 12 games, you'll have finished the story, but still have a really good worker placement game. There may still be some buildings and things to unlock afterwards.

Each game runs about an hour, some a little shorter and some a little longer. Expect to spend 13-14 hours dedicated to the campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Andy: That's right, Charterstone is designed so you can play it an infinite number of times, just like any game.

Each game averages around 60 minutes, so an entire campaign could take about 12 hours.

There's also a recharge pack available that offers all of the components that were permanently changed during the campaign so you could play the campaign a second time if you want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Newman
United States
Las Vegas
NV
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome replies from everyone, including you Jamey. Thanks for all the answers. I think I just found the game that breaks my promise of not buying any more games this year
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.