Pandemic: On the Brink» Forums » Rules

Subject: Epidemic " chronic effect " rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Last
msg tools
mb
Hello,
I know that i have came late to the game , since this is my first time playing pandemic with on the brink expansion , i have tried the first challenge " virulent strain" , i do get the special effect for epidemic cards ecxept for " chronic effect " , i do get the first part but what i need help with is the second part " this does not affect epicdemics or outbreaks" ,what does that mean ,what does this part got to do with the first part of the card ?
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shannon T
Australia
Peakhurst
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
james0007 wrote:
Hello,
I know that i have came late to the game , since this is my first time playing pandemic with on the brink expansion , i have tried the first challenge " virulent strain" , i do get the special effect for epidemic cards ecxept for " chronic effect " , i do get the first part but what i need help with is the second part " this does not affect epicdemics or outbreaks" ,what does that mean ,what does this part got to do with the first part of the card ?
Thanks

Hi James,

Maybe think about it this way -

There are three ways that infection cubes can be placed on the board,

1. At the end of your turn when you draw from the top of the Infection deck,

2. During the second step of resolving an Epidemic, when you draw from the bottom of the Infection deck,

3. When there is an Outbreak.

What that sentence is telling you is that Chronic Effect only happens with number 1, but not with numbers 2 and 3.

I hope that makes sense for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Last
msg tools
mb
Great help , thank you , now i can see it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.