Popular Tags: [View All]
Kyle
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Hi guys. I can't seem to find an answer to this. If a card has a range +0, specifically the level 1 Mindthief card, "Submissive affliction" which reads:

Force one enemy within Range 5 to preform
Attack 2
Range 0
targeting another enemy with you controlling the action

Does this attack become a ranged attack if the monster has no range on their monster card?

In other words, if I use it on two guards who are adjacent to each other is the attack done with a disadvantage draw?

Thanks in advance guys.
P.S. - While searching for this answer I also learned the attack is drawn from the Monster deck and not my own if anyone else missed this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Willott
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty sure it won't make it ranged. But if it's ranged to begin with it will stay ranged.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Pretty sure it won't make it ranged. But if it's ranged to begin with it will stay ranged.

That's how I had been playing it, however it makes me wonder why put the range on the card at all? If a monster doesn't have range on their ability card, but does have range on the Monster sheet, is the attack no longer ranged?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Ziemer
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bndeulogy2 wrote:
Quote:

That's how I had been playing it, however it makes me wonder why put the range on the card at all? If a monster doesn't have range on their ability card, but does have range on the Monster sheet, is the attack no longer ranged?

I believe the card says Range +0 in order to let you know that it uses the enemies base range. Specifically, the atk 2 is a flat amount and is in no way dependent on the enemies base atk value so it could be confusing if there is no mention of range. So Isaac put range +0 to make it clear it is he enemies base range that is used.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fito R
Argentina
flag msg tools
Careful there, Range 0 and Range +0 are two different things! Someone with a Range 0 attack couldn't attack at all! If it says Range +0, then it means you just use the range printed on the monster card. If it's a dash - it means its a melee attack. Otherwise, just use the value listed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds good, thanks for clearing that up guys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herr Nihl

Hawaii
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Joou wrote:
Careful there, Range 0 and Range +0 are two different things! Someone with a Range 0 attack couldn't attack at all! If it says Range +0, then it means you just use the range printed on the monster card. If it's a dash - it means its a melee attack. Otherwise, just use the value listed.

Sorry, not following. Why would the card say Attack 2 and the have the Range 0 negate that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
HerrNihl wrote:
Joou wrote:

Sorry, not following. Why would the card say Attack 2 and the have the Range 0 negate that?

the card in question "MindThief's "Submissive Affliction" says "Range + 0", so it uses the monster's base range.

If there is a card that says "Range 0", it is probably an error. (not to be confused with "Range -" [dash], which means melee attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.