Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carmen Cerra
United States
Ames
IA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trying something new (I have yet to actually try in a game -- I haven't even proofed these yet).
I made these first few narrative search cards to bring an extra modicum of storyline to the game.
These are just some random ideas, but I could easily see some themed card sets (wizard's tower or a merchant's house) -- or even scenario-specific narration -- to bring a new angle to the game without changing any mechanics.
Anyone have ideas for more cards? Feel free to take and print these!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Lunches
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
These are wonderful. Almost like some of the crossroads cards from Dead of Winter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
QorDaq H'Nter
msg tools
tlhIngan QujwI'
badge
vay' DaneHbogh yIchargh!
mbmbmbmbmb
What a great idea. I especially like the potential for your "Themed" sets. This also got me thinking along the lines of an Objective Deck. Instead of getting 5 XP automatically when collecting an Objective, draw a card from the new Deck. Most cards would still be "Gain 5 XP" or something, but have a few interesting (Good and bad?) other things that might come up.

Regardless, your current concept embraces the simplicity of not changing rules while adding some variety. Kudos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carmen Cerra
United States
Ames
IA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
QorDaq wrote:
What a great idea. I especially like the potential for your "Themed" sets. This also got me thinking along the lines of an Objective Deck. Instead of getting 5 XP automatically when collecting an Objective, draw a card from the new Deck. Most cards would still be "Gain 5 XP" or something, but have a few interesting (Good and bad?) other things that might come up.

Regardless, your current concept embraces the simplicity of not changing rules while adding some variety. Kudos.

Funny you should say this -- my girlfriend and I already do this!
It was her idea. Among the ideas is that when you pick up a blue objective that is meant for opening a door -- that objective is a key. Not only that, but the survivor carrying the key must be the one to actually unlock the door.
We also have stuff such as "Stash of Crystals" and "Treasure box," each of which gives the survivors a number of experience points x the number of players; these points can then be divided among the players.
There's the coil of rope, useful for climbing the sides of towers. And the necromancer's spellbook, and the hiding civilians ... I could go on, but there are too many really to detail here.

But the objective deck works and fits nicely into the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carmen Cerra
United States
Ames
IA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is a first draft of a hypothetical themed deck. This one is more of a story that could be used in conjunction with another quest. The quest's goals are still in play, of course, but this set of cards could act as sort of a side quest.
Sleeve them as equipment cards and shuffle them into your equipment deck. Put the Gullvieg #1 and #2 cards together and put them into the second (or middle) half of your equipment deck.
I wish I had more space on each card; I'd love to give some kind of boon to all of the items. Or maybe they should have no benefit -- and simply take up valuable backpack space until you can get them to Gullveig?
Anyway -- this is all still just an idea, unplayed, untested, not even proof-read. Print them off, give them a try and tell me how it went

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salmiaque DePastille
Germany
Bad Oldesloe
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great Idea, I like it... I will practise them. May I translate them to german?
And how do you use them, mixing it between the search cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.