Fury of Dracula (third/fourth edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Misdirect and encounter cards question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim McNaney
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
If I replace a location with Misdirect, can I still mature the encounter card that was placed with the original location? I know the rules say I cannot place an encounter card with a power card, but it doesn't say anything about a power card placed AFTER the encounter card is already there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien K
Japan
Kyoto
flag msg tools
I believe the card or rule text says to clear the hideout. This means removing encounter cards that were placed with the location. So no, you have no way anymore to mature the encounter. That would be too powerful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McNaney
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
So it does...thank you. I don't own the game, so I had to google that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Darth_Jim wrote:
If I replace a location with Misdirect, can I still mature the encounter card that was placed with the original location? I know the rules say I cannot place an encounter card with a power card, but it doesn't say anything about a power card placed AFTER the encounter card is already there.

In actual fact you do play an encounter with 2 of the 5 power cards (Hide, Wolf Form), unless you end up in a city with hunters present.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Storm
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Misdirect:

CAN play on a sea zone

1. Choose then clear any hideout on the trail that does not have a power card, Castle Stahula location card, your current location or a location associated with a hide power card.

2. Place Misdirect power card on the trail space that was cleared.

3. Play a normal turn by either placing a power card or a location card on the 1st space on the trail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.