United States
Paradise
California
flag msg tools
badge
Yup.
mbmbmbmbmb
I want to have a centered image in a geeklist like this:

And also have text right underneath the image in a smaller font like a caption, and not have that text spill over past the sides of the image.

I suspect a table with only one row and two columns is the answer, but table setup has always eluded me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
kataclysm wrote:
I want to have a centered image in a geeklist like this:

And also have text right underneath the image in a smaller font like a caption, and not have that text spill over past the sides of the image.

I suspect a table with only one row and two columns is the answer, but table setup has always eluded me.

You're going to have to manually break the text, but that may make it easier to read, by breaking at a phrase:

And also have text right underneath the image in a smaller font like a caption, and
not have that text spill over past the sides of the image.

Using floats to make a table won't help because you have to float to one side or the other. Should you want them for something else, they're here: How to make Tables. I use the technique in the third message almost always.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kat costa
United States
Paradise
California
flag msg tools
badge
Yup.
mbmbmbmbmb
Tall_Walt wrote:
You're going to have to manually break the text, but that may make it easier to read, by breaking at a phrase:

You know, I'm embarrassed to say that a manual break never occurred to me. It's so simple! Also, putting the text on the same line as the picture keeps the text tight to the bottom of that picture with no space. Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.