Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ilja Preuß
Germany
Karlsruhe
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This variant is supposed to "fix" two often mentioned "problems" with Z:BP and the NPCs: the best starting strategy is to minimize fighting and maximize searching; the NPC rules for getting vault items are kinda unthematic.

Disclaimer: this is an untested idea, and since I am currently busy with KM, I won't try it soon.

Proposed rule changes:
- you can't search in buildings
- when you kill NPCs, roll a D6 per NPC killed. For each 6 rolled, put a face down item card in the square where it was killed.
- when you are standing in a square with an item card, use a search action to pick it up

This makes torches less useful. Here are two ideas to play with:
- with a torch, you can search in buildings. Only take one card when you do so. A torch can only be used once per round for searching (also not by several survivors in the same round).
- with a torch, turn an item card in your square face up. This doesn't cost an action.

If you try this, let us know how it goes!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Sánchez
msg tools
A little more elaborate, but made for the same reasons:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1904029/zombies-dropping-lo...

The idea is to force players to keep moving if they want to search and to reward the amount of kills each turn.
You can add your second idea about using torches with my idea. I will.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.