Legacy of Dragonholt» Forums » Rules

Subject: Time passing over a day in Dragonholt rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have yet to encounter this situation but thought i'd ask for opinions. What if I am on day one in Dragonholt, 7 time has passed (max 8). I read an encounter that adds 2 time. Do I mark the extra time leftover onto day 2 then read the corresponding chapter for the end of day one OR is the extra time not applied?
I am assuming it'd be the former.
Really enjoying the game so far on my first play through, matching my gnome thief quite well so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't encounter this happening at all in my complete playthrough of the campaign, but I'd say don't worry about applying the extra time. The end and beginning of days are pretty well marked with specific instructions, and there's no reason to penalize yourself time on subsequent days thematically or otherwise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"GAME OVER, MAN. GAME OVER!"
Denmark
Aarhus
Unwashed and somewhat slightly dazed...
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The extra time is not marked on the next day. It is in the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
jtspecial wrote:
The extra time is not marked on the next day. It is in the rules.

As above. Here's the relevant section on page 7.

Page 7: Time wrote:
Time in the “Dragonholt Village” book is divided into seven days.
- When an effect causes two or more time to pass, mark time
only for the current day. Do not mark time for the next day if
all boxes for the current day have been filled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
United Kingdom
Sunderland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If the entry says 'time passes', which takes it past the time allotment that day but there's more text after this, do you still read the rest of the text for that entry, or do you stop immediately and go to the end of day script?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
tigerwalms wrote:
If the entry says 'time passes', which takes it past the time allotment that day but there's more text after this, do you still read the rest of the text for that entry, or do you stop immediately and go to the end of day script?

I've yet to encounter this but unless the entry suggests otherwise, I would keep on going until you reach a "This encounter is complete" instruction.

Entry 1001 mentions "Once you begin an encounter, continue reading as normal until the encounter is complete".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks all!
I think it's time for me to finally donate to the geek also

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.