Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ace base
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought the base game had some great ideas but the execution left a little to be desired (such as just imbalance between races) and the turn limit made it feel like less of an 'epic' feel to the whole battle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dragon0085 wrote:
I thought the base game had some great ideas but the execution left a little to be desired (such as just imbalance between races) and the turn limit made it feel like less of an 'epic' feel to the whole battle.

There is no imbalance between the races, just a learning curve.

This is one of those games that comes alive after multiple plays. That said if you don't like the game, getting the experience required may not be easy.

I fell in love with the game from the first play, and I got absolutely hosed by the Humans, it took me around 4 games to get to the point where I got how to play as the Pilgrims, and another 2 to understand the Machines.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oblivion Doll
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The base game does have that one unbalanced combo of abilities humans can get, but that can't happen in the "beginner" game variant, is random chance and not a consistent part of the game, and can be worked around by removing one of the offending cards (or by rules updates I think?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
obliviondoll wrote:
The base game does have that one unbalanced combo of abilities humans can get, but that can't happen in the "beginner" game variant, is random chance and not a consistent part of the game, and can be worked around by removing one of the offending cards (or by rules updates I think?)

That is true for 2 and 3 player games, and the variant to fix that is here: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1640054/unofficial-variant-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.