Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mark treitel
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mb
Upper Deck is sold out of dividers. What else would work as the right size for dividers that I can buy as-is without having to cut anything? Any suggestions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt A.
United States
Willoughby
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I store mine vertically. These work great.

https://smile.amazon.com/Packs-BCW-Trading-Divider-Dividers/...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
What's that case you have, there, and how many expansions are in it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt A.
United States
Willoughby
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheUbiquitous wrote:
What's that case you have, there, and how many expansions are in it?

Case is from Harbor Freight. Coupons are always available. I think I got it for $15.
https://www.harborfreight.com/18-in-x-6-in-x-13-in-silver-al...

It's holding (all sleeved):
Core Set
Dark City
Civil War
Fantastic Four
Guardians of the Galaxy
Paint the Town Red
Secret Wars I
Secret Wars II
X-Men

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Hatinen
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
That's a great recommendation. My Villains and Base Set boxes are pretty close to dying, and they've never once been in a move or exposed to other forms of a lot of wear and tear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn McKnight
United States
Cane Ridge
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What labels are you using?
I tried my doing my own horizontal dividers/labels for the core game and expansions I have, but they don’t seem to work well when I rotated the to be vertical.
For carrying cases, the Hobby Lobby Art Case is what I use. There’s usually a 40% off coupon available on their website that you can use too. https://www.hobbylobby.com/Art-Supplies/Storage-Organization...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Hatinen
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
I just use the official dividers and don't have one specifically for any Hero, Villain team or the like. I assume most people here use the custom dividers, and those have labels for specific Heroes or villains teams, but I've never felt a need for them.

Yesterday I got the Legendary Buffy for Christmas, and it seemed to have more dividers than it needed, but I'll keep my eye out for more officials ones since I'll need more soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete I
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
That's a great and sturdy looking case, Matt...

May I ask what you used to create the partitions and the board holder inside?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt A.
United States
Willoughby
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
petefbi wrote:
That's a great and sturdy looking case, Matt...

May I ask what you used to create the partitions and the board holder inside?

I used Elmer's foam board, a three pack of 16" x 20" x 3/16" thick sheets. It's what I had on hand. Also good for making custom inserts for game boxes.

Edit: The HF case was not my idea. I got it from prior threads in the forum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Mohnkern
United States
Germantown
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
marktry wrote:
Upper Deck is sold out of dividers. What else would work as the right size for dividers that I can buy as-is without having to cut anything? Any suggestions?

Does anyone know if they plan on reprinting?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mohnkern wrote:
marktry wrote:

Does anyone know if they plan on reprinting?

They've gone in and out of stock multiple times over the years, so almost assuredly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Hatinen
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
I emailed Upper Deck's website on Friday asking if they knew when the official dividers would be back in stock. They have no idea how long it will be before they're back in stock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Epps
United States
California
flag msg tools
How exactly did you make the individual dividers? I've got that same HF case and have been debating switching to vertical. I bought the set I have from someone else so I've never made dividers before and yours look really good. Id appreciate any help on that. Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt A.
United States
Willoughby
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hopz7 wrote:
How exactly did you make the individual dividers? I've got that same HF case and have been debating switching to vertical. I bought the set I have from someone else so I've never made dividers before and yours look really good. Id appreciate any help on that. Thanks

I bought the dividers, Amazon link is in the first reply up at the top. They're the perfect size. You could save some $ and make them yourself.

As for the labels, I found a style that I liked in the files section. Scaled them down a bit when printing as a personal preference. Printed on normal paper. Rough cut those into strips and applied to one side of double-sided adhesive paper. Final cut those and applied to the dividers.

You could make it simpler by printing directly on to single-sided adhesive paper. That wasn't an option for me because I print all my stuff at work. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Epps
United States
California
flag msg tools
Thanks so much for the info. Do you still happen to have the file for your completed dividers? I'm not so good at the editing on these and wanted to print them out on labels and just stick them to the dividers. The only ones I found like yours were for a horizontal set that used Avery 6467 labels. I was hoping to make that work but I just don't know how. I already bought those plastic dividers you linked and everything.

And thats funny. I'm debating asking my wife to print these for me at her work but she works for a large corporation and I think this is too nerdy to ask her

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt A.
United States
Willoughby
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hopz7 wrote:
Thanks so much for the info. Do you still happen to have the file for your completed dividers? I'm not so good at the editing on these and wanted to print them out on labels and just stick them to the dividers. The only ones I found like yours were for a horizontal set that used Avery 6467 labels. I was hoping to make that work but I just don't know how. I already bought those plastic dividers you linked and everything.

And thats funny. I'm debating asking my wife to print these for me at her work but she works for a large corporation and I think this is too nerdy to ask her

The Knarf's Legendary Marvel Core Vertical Dividers

This guy picked up where Knarf left off...TKLegendary Vertical Dividers by maboyd

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.