Hide
13 Posts

Dinosaur Island» Forums » General

Subject: question about scoring vps and tile placement rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jesse fredrick
msg tools
In the rules it appears that all scoring with while placing tiles and adding dinos occurs at the very end of the game. Is this correct?

Any reason to not add them as you go?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Thematic Colors of Gaming Blog
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah it's end game. I dunno why, since turn order changes based on score.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Windy City Meeple
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
You score victory point each round for each yellow visitor still alive
In your park and you gain $$ for each yellow visitor you pull
Out of the bag.

At the end of the game you get VP for
Each dino you created
The attraction you built on your board
Objective cards
1 go for every $5 you have left

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bryan605 wrote:
Out of the bag.

Each dino you created
Objective cards

Why would you get a buck if they can't get into your park?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah
Japan
Okazaki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SeerMagic wrote:
Bryan605 wrote:
Out of the bag.

Each dino you created
Objective cards

Why would you get a buck if they can't get into your park?

I think thematically they paid to get in but are stuck waiting in line for rides, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We haven't been playing that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah
Japan
Okazaki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SeerMagic wrote:
We haven't been playing that way.

Page 13 of the rulebook in the attract visitors section: "Once you’ve drawn your allotted visitors, place them all at your park entrance, and then collect $1 from the bank per patron."

Managing lines and deciding who rides what is decided after they've already paid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jesse fredrick
msg tools
Tiles score points at the end of the game, thanks. Would there be any downside or game changing differences to score them immediately? I like the idea of knowing scores at all times (although I plan on playing with the rules as is, just curious)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah
Japan
Okazaki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jessemfredrick wrote:
Tiles score points at the end of the game, thanks. Would there be any downside or game changing differences to score them immediately? I like the idea of knowing scores at all times (although I plan on playing with the rules as is, just curious)

I'm curious to know as well. Maybe it relates to how turn order is decided?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jesse fredrick
msg tools
Yeah I am sure turn order would be effected, more? Honestly not too sure...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pandasaurus Games
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
publisher
www.pandasaurusgames.com
badge
www.pandasaurusgames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
jessemfredrick wrote:

It makes low income high end game strategies somewhat non-viable because of turn order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jesse fredrick
msg tools
stooge wrote:
jessemfredrick wrote:

It makes low income high end game strategies somewhat non-viable because of turn order.

First off thank you for posting. I assume with you tag you are heavily involved in this game. I just recently got my copy, and played a mock 2p game to learn the rules tonight. I absolutely love this after my initial play, really excited to get into this with all counts.

If you wouldn't mind expanding on "high end game strategies" briefly? Again I only played one time so I am not familiar with all the terms. Does that mean buying up high VP pieces in the market and spending all your money on them?

Building dinos is great

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
It's a love/hate relationship.
badge
Check out my board game instructional videos on my YouTube channel: "The Game Explainer".
mbmbmbmbmb
jessemfredrick wrote:
stooge wrote:
jessemfredrick wrote:

First off thank you for posting. I assume with you tag you are heavily involved in this game. I just recently got my copy, and played a mock 2p game to learn the rules tonight. I absolutely love this after my initial play, really excited to get into this with all counts.

If you wouldn't mind expanding on "high end game strategies" briefly? Again I only played one time so I am not familiar with all the terms. Does that mean buying up high VP pieces in the market and spending all your money on them?

Building dinos is great

That reply was from the publisher.

The strategy that he mentioned is focusing on end-game VPs (attractions and objectives) versus trying to maximize VPs from patrons. If you scored those items immediately, following that strategy would likely keep you last in turn order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.